Your voices have been heard

K

Kain99

In response to public outcry for more candidate information, A round table forum is being organized. Any and all members of the community will be invited to pose questions of the five Republican County Commissioner candidates and have them respond individually and as a group.

We are finalizing plans for a Republican Candidate Forum which is tenatively planned for Thursday evening, October 17th at the Elks Lodge.

This was done with a great deal of success this past Wednesday, when the Republican Commissioner candidates met with the staff of the Washington Post.

I will keep you updated on the status of this forum. I thought you guys would like to know that the Republican candidates are paying close attention to your concerns. :smile:

Darlene

That's great!!! Cant wait to ask Tommy McKay my question personally. Hope he doesnt get sick at the last minute.:roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Cari, I don't know as I'd phrase it quite like that.
:roflmao:

Here's the info on the Forum:

October 10th, 2002 @ 7:00 p.m.
Candidate Forum
St. Mary's Ryken High School Fine Arts Center

Candidates for the St. Mary's County Board of Commissioners have been invited. Format to include randomly selected questions and Candidate questioning of their opponents.
This event is Free and open to the General Public.

Now I expect you all to comport yourselves like ladies and gentlemen!

Terp Fan

McKay at Moose Lodge

Didn't someone say something about McKay having something at the Moose Lodge last night (Friday the 4th)? I couldn't find the post about it, but I thought I read it the other day.

If so, did anyone go?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by cariblue

Me:

"Well, Mr. McKay I've heard that you've embezzled a rather large sum of money from your father's business and, that it was due to a drug addiction and drinking."

If this is what concerns you, just ask him point-blank. Don't waste everyone's time with a game that makes you look silly. You will have your own credibility on your side rather than discrediting yourself with the song and dance. The whole issue is silly enough without the sideshow.

Delilah903

"BIDDIE BUZZ"

As just one of the "biddies" gossiping over the fence, I wonder if Tommy Boy will be able to blow us off in person as easily as he has blown us off on the forums??

I just question whether anyone will actually have the "........s" to pose the question in person.

I only know of one person who did come out and ask the question and the response he received implied that Tommy Boy knew nothing!!!

Of course, knowing nothing seems to come naturally to Mr. McKays ""Little Boy""!!!

"""OH DADDY, THEY'RE PICKING ON ME AGAIN"""!!!!!:bawl: :bawl:

Terp Fan

I'm a dem. Tell me, how can I discredit them any more than the people who post on this board already do? For that matter, how could I discredit any politician any more than they discredit themselves? If I'm wasting your time and you can't appreciate the silliness of my posts, don't read them. Remember, this is America and I can voice my opinion. In case you've forgotten some of the posts on here...he has been asked. He didn't respond, he feigned ignorance. Now, I’m compelled to believe there is a degree of truth to the accusations, otherwise he would have just said it wasn’t true.

Now, I’m not going to post how I think he should respond, because I’m not going to help him out ( assuming he has someone watching the board). If he can’t figure it out himself, he has no business in politics.

For what it is worth Cari, I thought your posts were very entertaining. If you do decide to confront McKay with your question, do it when others are around. He can be very spiteful!

:burning:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know about Tommy McKay but his Dad is one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. I did some work for him when he ran for State Senate a few years back and he really was a joy.

Terp Fan

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I don't know about Tommy McKay but his Dad is one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. I did some work for him when he ran for State Senate a few years back and he really was a joy.

I really believe that is the reason Tommy McKay won the primary! I have heard many times that his mom and dad are wonderful people (and also forgiving!).

Delilah903

"Accident of Birth"??

Originally posted by Terp Fan

I really believe that is the reason Tommy McKay won the primary! I have heard many times that his mom and dad are wonderful people (and also forgiving!).

I absolutely agree with you Terp Fan. I don't believe he could have won on his own merit. The man has entirely too much baggage.

Oh and by the way, I also find Cari's input amusing and interesting (NOT BORING)!!!!
:smile: :smile:

urfullofit

Re: My question for McKay

"Mr. McKay, in light of your shady past, don't you agree that bowing out of the competition would be the honorable thing to do?"

Why should someone who is running for elected position in government bow out because of "hear say". He was never even charged with crime . Never even went to court. So because of good old county gossip he should bow out. We all have our own personal baggage we carry,he is human also.Just happens he is in the public eye. If I was him I would'nt acknowledge the question either,regardless if I had done it or not. There is one thing for sure anybody running against Julie Randall,Joe Anderson,and Tommy Mattingly has my vote. I look at this in what I call the pile theory (I Love Compost). This present pile mentioned above has gone through the heating proccess,therefore it is time to spread it over the land and till it in deep. If we get 4 new commisioners,I will have to wait 4 yr to see if they to have become a pile that has gone through the heating proccess and is ready for the land and tiller. So go Tommy,Joe , Marcel and Kenny. Sorry Larry Jarboe you had your shot at it and the other 2 you teamed with did nothing but follow "Francy" Miss wanna be President.While I am on the subject. At least you had the intestinal fortitude to run again. Brugman and FRANCY saw the tiller heading their way in the previous election. So all of sudden they have other commitments. I think I smell a festering pile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene

quote:

Why should someone who is running for elected position in government bow out because of "hear say". He was never even charged with crime . Never even went to court. So because of good old county gossip he should bow out. We all have our own personal baggage we carry,he is human also.Just happens he is in the public eye. If I was him I would'nt acknowledge the question either,regardless if I had done it or not. There is one thing for sure anybody running against Julie Randall,Joe Anderson,and Tommy Mattingly has my vote. I look at this in what I call the pile theory (I Love Compost). This present pile mentioned above has gone through the heating proccess,therefore it is time to spread it over the land and till it in deep. If we get 4 new commisioners,I will have to wait 4 yr to see if they to have become a pile that has gone through the heating proccess and is ready for the land and tiller. So go Tommy,Joe , Marcel and Kenny. Sorry Larry Jarboe you had your shot at it and the other 2 you teamed with did nothing but follow "Francy" Miss wanna be President.While I am on the subject. At least you had the intestinal fortitude to run again. Brugman and FRANCY saw the tiller heading their way in the previous election. So all of sudden they have other commitments. I think I smell a festering pile !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urfullofit...if you have read any of the other posts, then you would know that when "Daddy McKay" realized it was Tommyboy that had embezzled money, he stopped the investigation. Yes, he is in the public eye, human...well that is still to be determined. If Tommyboy should win and will be spending my tax dollars, then I have every right to know how many times he craps a day. Then you can add that to your compost pile.

urfullofit

Originally posted by Darlene

urfullofit...if you have read any of the other posts, then you would know that when "Daddy McKay" realized it was Tommyboy that had embezzled money, he stopped the investigation. Yes, he is in the public eye, human...well that is still to be determined. If Tommyboy should win and will be spending my tax dollars, then I have every right to know how many times he craps a day. Then you can add that to your compost pile. [/B]

Darlene,
I have read the post, all of it is hear say,no hard facts. Yes I heard the stories too,but no material evidence to prove it was "TommyBoy" who did it. Believe me I know he is a pile and so is "Daddy Mckay", but "Daddy McKay was one of the best county commisioner presidents this county has had. (I don't know how many times he crapped while in office though)But maybe "Tommy Pile" can do good like "Daddy Pile" did . All I know is that Julie,Joe,and Tommy have got to go. So to the Voting Bin I must go, to start a new pile for Commisioner's Row. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Delilah903

Re: Re: My question for McKay

Originally posted by urfullofit
Why should someone who is running for elected position in government bow out because of "hear say". He was never even charged with crime . Never even went to court. So because of good old county gossip he should bow out. We all have our own personal baggage we carry,he is human also.Just happens he is in the public eye. If I was him I would'nt acknowledge the question either,regardless if I had done it or not. There is one thing for sure anybody running against Julie Randall,Joe Anderson,and Tommy Mattingly has my vote. I look at this in what I call the pile theory (I Love Compost). This present pile mentioned above has gone through the heating proccess,therefore it is time to spread it over the land and till it in deep. If we get 4 new commisioners,I will have to wait 4 yr to see if they to have become a pile that has gone through the heating proccess and is ready for the land and tiller. So go Tommy,Joe , Marcel and Kenny. Sorry Larry Jarboe you had your shot at it and the other 2 you teamed with did nothing but

Hey urfullofit,

What the hell makes you think he shouldn't answer the question raised by voters on this forum? We are the people that he is expecting to put his butt in office, so if he has nothing to hide just stand up and say....I DIDN'T DO IT...!!!

I think we are all reasonably aware of why he won't do this.

And speaking of piles......what a lovely handle you have "you are full of it"

:dance: :dance:

Last edited: