The Forgotten

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Two :yay: :yay: from me.

This movie starts out making you think it's just a psychological drama, but about halfway through, you will literally find yourself clutching your armrests! At least 2 scenes scared the bejeezus out of the audience, drew gasps and quiet screams, followed by people laughing at themselves.

What can possibly be worse than losing a child? According to "The Forgotten," it's being told that the child never existed, in direct contradiction to the framed photos on the mantelpiece and the news coverage of the accident. But wait -- the kid's no longer in the photos, and the obit's gone from the newspaper. And your spouse insists you're delusional. Can memories so strong be manufactured out of whole cloth and maternal need? What the hell's going on here, anyway?

I'm certainly not going to tell you, and you wouldn't believe me if I did. Suffice to say that "The Forgotten" turns out to be a grade-A B-movie that grounds its thrills in particulars of time, place, and character, so that when the time comes to make the leap into the wholly preposterous, we do so willingly. This is a movie that earns our trust -- and then happily abuses it.

linkage: http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=4850

Dumahh

I agree, I haven't had a movie make me jump in years, but this one got me good. Also I believe the plot was fairly intellengent compared to most thrillers.