How would you feel about a new fitness center in the St. Leonard area?

CHILLEN

I would like the opinion of others in Calvert as to their opinion of opening a new fitness center in St. Leonard. Something like a small gym/cardio facility geared towards both women that stay home and men that are looking for a place to workout that's not as large and overpowering as some of the other gyms in the area. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I've never understood why people need fitness centers when you can open the door and run around outside...or mow the lawn, scrub floors, ride a bike, etc. I've got an elliptical inside and I don't have to go anywhere to use it. Most gyms are smelly and who wants to use something that other people have sweat all over or wait for a machine. Get yourself a variety of free-weights and park yourself in front of the TV instead of sitting down with that bag of popcorn.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
CHILLEN said:
I would like the opinion of others in Calvert as to their opinion of opening a new fitness center in St. Leonard. Something like a small gym/cardio facility geared towards both women that stay home and men that are looking for a place to workout that's not as large and overpowering as some of the other gyms in the area. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I think it'd be cool.. but I'd rather see something on the South side of the power plant... like around Lusby, White Sands, or Solomon's.

There's already a World Gymn near Adam's Ribs between St. Leonard and PF.

gigi6

There are SO many fitness centers in Calvert County - why do we need another one? Not to mention - who is going to trust a new company after what just happened to Tri-Fitness? There have been too many fitness club wars in the past - lets just leave well enough alone!

K

Katie

gigi6 said:
There are SO many fitness centers in Calvert County - why do we need another one? Not to mention - who is going to trust a new company after what just happened to Tri-Fitness? There have been too many fitness club wars in the past - lets just leave well enough alone!

Because in southern Calvert county: St. Leonard, Lusby, Solomon's there is NOTHING unless you cross the bridge or go to Prince Frederick. I belong to Pro-fitness and if I don't go right after work, I won't go at all. I don't want to drive home over that bridge, change, and the drive back over that bridge. There is a CUrves in Lusby but that isn't what I personally need!

gigi6

Katie said:
Because in southern Calvert county: St. Leonard, Lusby, Solomon's there is NOTHING unless you cross the bridge or go to Prince Frederick. I belong to Pro-fitness and if I don't go right after work, I won't go at all. I don't want to drive home over that bridge, change, and the drive back over that bridge. There is a CUrves in Lusby but that isn't what I personally need!

Have you tried the Yoga studio? From the picture you have it looks like you are very athletic! Why not try something different to work your muslces. For me, personally, I am very athletic, but after going to just one yoga class, I realized that my fitness program is NOT well rounded.

Lusby/Solomons cannot support another fitness center. We are a small community and to tell you the truth, I don't know how many people would really support another fitness center if one opened up. I know it's hard to either drive to Prince Frederick or over the Bridge - but most of us don't work in the Lusby area and putting in another fitness center in case we "might" want to workout closer to home.........well, it's just not cost effective to the owner/operator of the gym.

Lusby is a great place to take yourself OUTSIDE! Go out - ride a bike; walk or run the trails at Calvert Cliffs; take a Yoga class. Lets enjoy our surroundings without throwing just one more building up!