Feed the terrorists!

gojugin

I was watching "CNN" this morning and they showed on the bottom of the screen
"In 2001 the US sent 277 million dollars to Afganistan".

Ok... I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer....but could someone PLEASE explain to me why our tax money went to Afganistan, where the US knows that a terrorist (Osama) has been living.

If you all don't know, maybe we should be asking the many homeless people in this country walking the streets or the millions of US children who are going to bed hungry.  Maybe they know.

Sorry... when I saw that, my logic button flashed and thoughts of filing my next tax return came to mind.  
I will just tell my children that it is more important to feed and take care of other non-American people (terrorists) than to take care of Americans!

This is YOUR tax money too.
Jim  (a tad upset)

PmoneyandTT

I wouldn't be surprised.. Maybe their motto was - Keep your friends close - but your enemies closer.. don't know why they would send that money over there.. Money seems to buy everything - why not their loyality? See where it got us..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Jim, you say you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it appears you're sharper than whoever doles out our tax dough.

Any foreign policy experts out there who want to try and explain this?  I've never really understood the concept of foreign financial aid myself. :bubble:

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I can probably produce the article about how, this spring, we sent 53 million to Afghanistan. But there's a BIG thing here, EVERYONE is missing.

Afghanistan is NOT a terrorist state - in fact, it's in the middle of a civil war.  A large minority make up the Taliban, but the majority are an oppressed people, starving and living in ruins. Taking issue with aid we sent to Afghanistan is like asking why we sent money to Kosovo, when we know there are Serbs there, killing Kosovars.

The article mentioned that the 53 million package ws mostly wheat, and other foodstuffs, and was under the auspices of a UN organization. It does appear that despite our best efforts, a lot of this relief never made it to the starving displaced refugees of Afghanistan.

I can only guess that the rest of the aid was of similar nature.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The money is spent, $3.3 BILLION dollars since 1979 in an attempt to get them on our side. We armed them to fight the Sovs.

When they, the Sovs,  left, 1989, we stopped paying much attention, kept sending some money and all the varied tribes who had stowed away money and arms started fighting one another, as they have since the dawn of time, seeings how their common enemy was gone. Whoever had power also took over the humanitarian aid and controlled it.

That is the "what".

The "why" is that we tend to do it this way, little bits and pieces that end up messy, like this, unless we can get someone to attack us or declare war on us.

Then, the best way is to destroy a given nation, kill all its leaders and then rebuild it in our image to as much extent as possible, IF there is a profit to be made or at least a reasonble scenario where the victim of our wrath could become a peaceful nation.

Then, they become a first world nation and do business with us and everything is peachy: Germany, Japan.

The problem here is that Afghanistan is not even remotely trying to become anything but what it is: A wasteland. Germany and Japan both were striving to become something. We helped them.

So, it may just be best to wipe out the entire government there from time to time until someone comes along who is willing to be nice to us and not harbour killers.

They've already pledged death to us all and will continue to kill citizens or at least help it happen. We just kill the leaders and let them sort it out.

Think of it as humanitarian and polite: They'd do it for us except that the best they can do is harbour killers from other nations who steal airplanes, nevermind making one worth buying.

Unless of course, we are blaming it on the wrong guys.

Best to be sure. We can always apologize later.

Christy

b*tch rocket
While digging through the many websites detailing the atrocities of the Taliban, I was surprised to find out that the "International Community" built a huge soccer stadium in Afghanistan in order to "lift their spirits".  It's never been used for soccer, it's used for their public executions.  I then saw CNN addressing the issue in an hour long program.  What's crazy is the Talibans response was that we should send them more money in order to build another one that will actually be used soccer not executions.  Is this insane or what?

B

BigBrothaCon

I saw the same program and it was depressing.  There is still vast representation of what went on during the war with the Soviets.  The Taliban is proud of what they do there and they are not ashamed to broadcast it.  I believe they push for things to happen in order to kill someone.  It is like their form of entertainment.

The nation-building thing has slapped us in the face on a number of occasions.  Bill Clinton took us to somalia for just that and our military men were dragged down the street and murdered.  This kind of humanitarian crap is the reason why I hate high taxes and big government.  They take almost 50% of our money we work for each month, just to pass it along to these worthless dictatorships and terrorist organizations for them to protest against and slander us.  like gojugin said, we have homeless women and children on our streets who cannot provide for themselves and we are out here supporting the enemy.  I pray the current administration is making some drastic foreign policy changes, because I don't take well to supporting my own destruction lightly as well as all Americans.  We need some major policy changes in this country and we need to start some right here in Washington.  We need to let the Arabs go about there business of destroying each other and get back to ensuring that the United States is secure here at home.  Not only in physical security, but in resources.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
insane

What kind of ungrateful idiot would say...Yeah I know you guys built a soccer stadium that we use for executions...u should build us another one so that we can use it to play soccer....  It's sick how they turned a place that was for good use into a place for performing evil deeds....

gojugin

Thank you BigBrothaCon!! :clap:  That is exactly how I feel!  Time and time again we (America) are "slapped" in the face from foreign counties that we bend over to help.  It is not time for us to start looking into our own back yards?   Are we to feed the world while children of our own land go hungry?  If there is so much money to give away.... give it to me! :dance:
I'd hold the biggest party in Southern Maryland!

B

BigBrothaCon

Yeah give me some of the money they send over there. I could use it to get me some guns and some gas masks.  Never know what the next attack may be.

gojugin

Gas masks?  What gas masks.... they are being sold like crazy!  :crazy:   They showed on the TV how stores are completely sold out on them.  Are people over-reacting or should I wait for the next shipment to come in myself?

Back in the 1700's it was "The British are coming".. Today it is "the terrorists are coming!"...
On the statue of liberty should we put lights?  One if by air, two if by sea, three if by truck, .............

Don't know 'bout the rest of you, but this whole thing has our country in turmoil and most people are scared to travel or go anywhere.  :twitch:

Me?  I am going on with a "business as usual attitude".
If I get blown up... oh well.  Besides, only the good die young, so I will be around for a LONG time...:silly:

Bartender... gimme anudder round!

gojugin

Here we go again!!!  Bush is sending $100 million dollars to Afghanistan.  
Doesn't he know that they (Afghanistan) is in the middle of their corn crop.  Plenty to go around.  Rice?  Yep, plenty of that too.  

If the U.S. has all this money.... then why are we paying all of these higher taxes?  Why did we only get a couple hundred of dollars on our "tax rebate"?  Heck, they should have kicked it up to a couple of thousand!

Do I have to declare war on the United States or become a terrorist to feed my family!   Why work in the U.S. when you can move overseas and collect free money.
Sorry... I just "HATE" giving MY money away to another country, time and time again, while seeing homeless/hungry children right here in the U.S.!

All those millions upon millions of dollars just handed over like everyone of us are big fat rich folk.   Duh!
What do we ever get in return for all of this?  NOTHING.

Hello!  Hey Bush.... my family is hungry here!  Can't find a job.  Can ya read my lips... losing everything!  Can ya say "another homeless american soon".   Do I have to talk with an accent??  Do I need a "green card"?????

:burning:   :burning:   :burning:  :burning:  :burning:

B

BigBrothaCon

Yeah gojugin, it is the same old politics as usual crap that I am tired of seeing.  Oh poor terrorists, they don't have enough money to blow us up so let's send them some more to finish the job.  Who the heck are they kidding?  Bush keeps talking about not funding the terrorists but at the same time we send millions of dollars to very country that is harboring terror.  Is it just me or does that sound funny to anyone else.  We send money to have people hung and shot in a "soccer field" that was meant for soccer and they laugh at us and tell us to send more money for the soccer field and exterminating people and what do we do.  Exactly that.  This is ridiculous.  People like gojugin need a job and we are sending money to terrorists.  I'm confused.  I hope someone with profound knowledge can enlighten me with the answer.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Does anybody read the fine print? This aid sent to Afghanistan is almost entirely food and medicine - and it's being given to the Afghan people - not the Taliban. Think of the Taliban as Nazis. Think of the Afghanis as Jews. Why *shouldn't* we help them? These people are destitute and starving. Afghanistan has almost the lowest standard of living in the whole world. We are NOT giving aid and comfort to terrorists - we are helping their victims. And there are large regions of the country - the northeast area to the Khyber pass, and the mountainous interior - that the Taliban do not control. Even in the news, they were showing the caravans that were on the move prior to Sept 11, so they are safely on their way.

The govt. trimmed its spending by about 30 some *billion* dollars to give everyone a tax cut. We're giving 100 million to help them - about 1/300th what we got *back* in taxes, and some think that wasn't much. Well, if it wasn't much, 100 million is nothing. I've seen suffering in this country before, but it pales in comparison to the destitute of the world. Just think - if you got 300 dollars back, a mere one dollar of that might save someone from dying this winter in Afghanistan. Or, to put it another way, it feeds another enemy of bin Laden.

gojugin

Frank... I know what you are saying...but it is going to Afghanistan.  How much of what we send will eventually get into the hands of the Taliban?  What's stopping them from taking it all?  How many of the Taliban are "acting" as refugees to hide, infiltrate or get what they can for their cause.
Yes, there are some people hungry over there but according to "their" representative "there is plenty of food".  How many millions dollars of relief has already been sent over there by the Red Cross, etc??  What did they do with the 217 million we already sent them this year?  The $600 we got back here in the states, could almost buy them a house over there.

You said "Why *shouldn't* we help them?"  Frank, why should we?  In our nations capitol there are homeless people.  This city (Washington, DC) should be a model for all the world to see.  Instead, during the winter, citiizens of this country drive around handing out blankets to these people.
This guy I know, used to live in North Carolina.  He told me that many people live in "shacks" and whenever he goes down there he hands out food.  He said it brings tears to his eyes to see children holding a box of cereal like it was a new toy at Christmas time.

When Russia was fighting with Afghanistan, how much food and money did they supply those people?  
They were there for about 20 years.  If they did give something, where is it now?  

Most of the filmage I see of that country (Afghanistan) everyone is holding a gun.  They can afford guns and ammo but not food?  

You also said "we are helping their victims".  It is their victims, not ours.  Speaking of victims, why doesn't Afghanistan send us money for OUR victims?????
It was THEIR terrorists who killed them.   Are they going to pay for the damage in NYC and the Pentagon?

No!  Those "poor" people are not at fault.  It is OUR fault for having so many people in those awfully tall buildings in an overcrowded city.  

So let's send more food, guns, ammo, tanks, missles, and free pilots lessons while we are at it.  How can you win a war if you feed your enemy and make him stronger............

gojugin

BigBrothaCon - Exactly!!!!!   Let's build another "soccer field" for them so they can shoot Christians handing out bibles.  And why not put a couple missle silos next to it!
Heck, toss in a couple of tanks too why we are at it.  Mmmm, should we give them pilot training?  What else do they need.... I know, give them the secret locations of all our military bases or places where we are vunerable.  That should make them happy.  

This whole thing makes me sick!  :barf:

B

BigBrothaCon

Frank, your right they are sending food and supplies, not money, but how can anyone ensure that the hungry people of Afghanistan are getting this food.  I have not read anything explaining plans on how to ensure the Afghans are getting the food.  We gave food and supplies to the Iraqis, but alot of that was stolen and used for other things Saddam wanted.  The same thing can happen with this oppressive government called the Taliban.  They control 95% of the country.  What makes you think the U.N. is going to maintain control.  They can't even fund their operations without begging us for more money.  I see this as another way for us to help the world and in the end they tell us to kiss their A$$.  Like Gojugin said, we have starving people here in the United  States who need assistance.  There are starving kids in our own streets.  I am sure you don't feed the hungry outside of your home without taking care of home first.  I am sure your family eats first.  Same thing with hungry Americans, we need to feed them first.  I not talking about the lazy bums who don't want to do anything anyway.  I am talking about the women and children who are unable to get off their feet and do for themselves.  America first then everyone else.  This is the same crap we have been doing in the past.  Try and win souls to the Almighty U.S. and when our backs are turned here comes the hijacked 757 heading for the sears tower.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
I guess it depends on how you intend to distribute the food and supplies. They showed UN caravans and people distributing the food, and admitted that it was there prior to Sept 11. I mean, do people think we just *mail* it there?

gojugin

Huh?  The food got there "before" Sept 11th?
Didn't the UN send food/supplies after Sept 11th?
Talk about a different time zone!

Maybe we should "Air" mail it over there.  A couple of nice bombers should do it.  DOH!  Sorry bout that.
As you can tell, I am on edge with this whole thing PLUS am a strong believer in taking care of your home first.
Irks me to no end, to see American money given away.

How about this?  Instead of food, we send them beer, rum, whiskey, vodka, and so forth.  That night, we just walk in and take Osama.  Everyone will be too drunk to fight....  

Just a thought...