You're on the blind date from hell. Do you wait it out or scram?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
You definitely get really drunk. Sedate yourself and try to suck it up, but if you can't, you're going to have to say "Listen, this isn't what I expected
:otter:

fttrsbeerwench

I try to make the most of it too....

Even if that means getting the waiters phone number!!!!!

But seriously, I think that first impressions are often a result of nervous energy, and thus, not accurate. Therefore, I would make an effort to try and find something I like about the person.

I have been on a blind date from hell, I took a friend of a friend to an event and he spent the whole night trying to jem his hand down my blouse , and everyone elses as well. By the time it was dinner about 1.5 hours, we were on separate sides of the hall.....Thanks for hooking me up KC...your a real pal!!!:yay: :loser:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
fttrsbeerwench said:
Thanks for hooking me up KC...your a real pal!!!:yay: :loser:
:lol:

If the guy was "okay", I'd hang around. If it was a true date from hell - groping, drunkenness, poor manners in general, being invaded by obnoxious buddies - I scram. In fact, I once told my "date" I was going to the ladies room, then never returned. :lol: I don't think he noticed, though, because he was pretty hammered and making crass comments to our waitress.

fttrsbeerwench

vraiblonde said:

If the guy was "okay", I'd hang around. If it was a true date from hell - groping, drunkenness, poor manners in general, being invaded by obnoxious buddies - I scram. In fact, I once told my "date" I was going to the ladies room, then never returned. :lol: I don't think he noticed, though, because he was pretty hammered and making crass comments to our waitress.
DAMSKIPPY!!!! Had the event not been a banquet for my pool league, I would have found myself at the nearest bar, but I had trophies coming!!!

*Note to self, leave if he gropes the waitress BEFORE he gets drunk

unixpirate

Pitty Party

fttrsbeerwench said:

But seriously, I think that first impressions are often a result of nervous energy, and thus, not accurate. Therefore, I would make an effort to try and find something I like about the person.

I have been on a blind date from hell, I took a friend of a friend to an event and he spent the whole night trying to jem his hand down my blouse , and everyone elses as well. By the time it was dinner about 1.5 hours, we were on separate sides of the hall.....Thanks for hooking me up KC...your a real pal!!!:yay: :loser:

Give him :huggy: then NP!
:killingme

vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat: Did that once. I also had one date where he fell asleep at the table he was so drunk. I just got up and left. :shrug:

CMC122

Go Braves!
I played sick once on a date. It was actually our first date and he had our whole live's planned:duh: I made him take me home from the party, then he went back and got into a fight over me:confused: I wasn't even there:shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not a blind date, but...

He was cute and he looked hot in his jeans. Fast forward to first date... he showed up in polyester pants and one of those shiney shirts with a picture made into the material. :yikes: Not wanting to be rude or been seen in a well lighted public place with him, suggested we go see a drive in movie instead. I never went out with him again.

fddog

Bow wow
RoseRed said:
Not a blind date, but...

He was cute and he looked hot in his jeans. Fast forward to first date... he showed up in polyester pants and one of those shiney shirts with a picture made into the material. :yikes: Not wanting to be rude or been seen in a well lighted public place with him, suggested we go see a drive in movie instead. I never went out with him again.
:bawl: i still carry that scar today, and everyone wonders why i am like i am

Pete

Repete
RoseRed said:
Not a blind date, but...

Was this in 1975?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Were you playing your Survivor casette listing to "Eye of the Tiger" realy loud on the Audiovox stereo?
Nope, probably Van Halen or Led Zeppelin :killingme

I did once stand up a first date, but it wasn't my fault. Roommate was a Charter boat Capt. over on Solomons. I was to meet date at Tiki. In meantime, I'm over on the boat by Harbor Sounds killing time. He says come on, going to Bunky's for fuel, I say no, I better stay here knowing he's a prankster. Against my better judgement, I believed him. Fuel up and out of the harbor we go, me cussing up a blue streak in front of his fishing party that doesn't quite know what to think.

Now out by Drum Point I tell him, You are SO going to pay for this!!! Guess what!?! Right then PING! He blows an oil gasket and it is leaking from out under the cover. Me ---> :roflmao:

He doesn't believe me until one of the party guys say, Dude, she isn't kidding... Friend :yikes: SOB!!! It's all your fault! Ya RIGHT! Me ---> :lmao:

We had to get towed back in to the harbor and by then my date was gone. I never did hear from him again. :ohwell:

Last edited:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
RoseRed said:
Nope, probably Van Halen or Led Zeppelin :killingme

I did once stand up a first date, but it wasn't my fault. Roommate was a Charter boat Capt. over on Solomons. I was to meet date at Tiki. In meantime, I'm over on the boat by Harbor Sounds killing time. He says come on, going to Bunky's for fuel, I say no, I better stay here knowing he's a prankster. Against my better judgement, I believed him. Fuel up and out of the harbor we go, me cussing up a blue streak in front of his fishing party that doesn't quite know what to think.

Now out by Drum Point I tell him, You are SO going to pay for this!!! Guess what!?! Right then PING! He blows an oil gasket and it is leaking from out under the cover. Me ---> :roflmao:

He doesn't believe me until one of the party guys say, Dude, she isn't kidding... Friend :yikes: SOB!!! It's all your fault! Ya RIGHT! Me ---> :lmao:

We had to get towed back in to the harbor and by then my date was gone. I never did hear from him again. :ohwell:

Ya :flush:'em in other words Rose. You go girl!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wait it out... Until she excuses herself to leave for the ladies room... Then throw a $50 at the waiter and drive like you robbed a bank.