Wibbit!? Wibbit!?

D

dems4me

Ok, I come home from a stressful night and morning and finally get home this evening and there's one of the cats outside trying to come in and it has a frog in its mouth... she wouldn't drop it until I finally caved in and broke out the tuna fish... in my efforts to save the frog I realized it was just about dead and was on its back and I was going to put it in the trash... then I saw his cute little sack under its mouth moving and indeed the frog was still alive although the only injury I could see was his leg skin was ripped off (about 2 inches worth). So I picked him up with a paper towel and he was still on his back and I laid him on the counter while I prepared an aquariam for him. And now tonight he seems a little better but he favors his gashed leg... I don't want him to be a sitting duck so I've taken him under my wing. Tonight he started talking to me and saying "wibbit" "wibbit" and I told him -- "are you gay? you have a lisp - you should be saying ribbit, ribbit?" and then he said "wibbit" "wibbit" - so know I'm thinking ok... this is a little too Dr. Doolitleish for me... and I again said "you need to say 'ribbit' 'ribbit'"!! :mad: and then he said "no need to get all wibbit wit it!! I'm myself just getn' wibbit wit it. wibbit... wibbit'" So know I'm starting to think I've lost my mind and then this frog says "kiss me I'm gettn' wibbit wit it"... So now I have two questions... 1) have I finally lost my mind and 2) should I keep Wibbit in water or what? I'm more familiar with the care of toads... not frogs. I just want to hand on to him for a few days until he can get a scab on his loss of skin... I've been killing flies and spiders for him and feeding him with a toothpick but... what else can I do for such an injured frog that says "wibbit" instead of "ribbit" Anyone else have any experience in this "shrug:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

D

dems4me

Well seeings how I'm here in the animal section... I thought I'd post an update to Wibbit... earlier on the next day I set him outside to leap after I noticed he was doing remarkably well and he seemed to have went into a leg spasm or something in the makeshift acquiarium and was almost stuck in layed out and sprawled position. After an hour he was better. To make the long story short... I went to tend to the other animals... only to hear a bunch of squawking, etc... I looked up and it was either a buzzard or a hawk that had him about 20 yards in the air... I tried to throw a rock but it was too late... I think wibbitt became someone's dinner. :frown:

dems4me said:
Well seeings how I'm here in the animal section... I thought I'd post an update to Wibbit... earlier on the next day I set him outside to leap after I noticed he was doing remarkably well and he seemed to have went into a leg spasm or something in the makeshift acquiarium and was almost stuck in layed out and sprawled position. After an hour he was better. To make the long story short... I went to tend to the other animals... only to hear a bunch of squawking, etc... I looked up and it was either a buzzard or a hawk that had him about 20 yards in the air... I tried to throw a rock but it was too late... I think wibbitt became someone's dinner. :frown:

I'm sure Johnnie Cochran will be in touch! :razz: