Groundcover

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Can anyone recommend a good hearty growncover that does well in full sun, grows fast, and needs minimal care (besides astroturf)? I need something for the mounds in the front yard and they are both in full sun all day. And I ain't fooling around with mulch any more!

I'm thinking some kind of leafy ivy ... like english ivy ... but it's gotta do well in full sun.

SmallTown

Football season!
just stick dildos in the middle of all the bald spots. I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to come and cover them up.

crabcake said:
Can anyone recommend a good hearty growncover that does well in full sun, grows fast, and needs minimal care (besides astroturf)? I need something for the mounds in the front yard and they are both in full sun all day. And I ain't fooling around with mulch any more!

I'm thinking some kind of leafy ivy ... like english ivy ... but it's gotta do well in full sun.

http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/envirohort/426-609/426-609.html

Check this out CC, it may be of some help.

crabcake

SmallTown said:
hey! my peeps! :biggrin:
can ya get me a discount on a massive order? :biggrin:

Thx CC2 :yay: I found a mention of Baltic English Ivy which I love and found a place online to mass order it. I just need to figure out how much to order. :confused: Here's the site ... I need info on spacing/planting it. The mounds are about 20 ft long by 10 and 15 feet wide (there are two mounds).

:whack: :dur: It says plant it 8-12 inches apart. Guess I'll be ordering the 100 plants first and see if they do the trick. :ohwell:

SmallTown

Football season!
CableChick said:
I bet they are just proud as punch of your first suggestion! :yay:
As a computer scientist, I'm programmed to find the best solution under budget and on schedule. Never said it had to be the overall best solution.

crabcake

SmallTown said:
As a computer scientist, I'm programmed to find the best solution under budget and on schedule. Never said it had to be the overall best solution.

I hardly call $30+ a pop "under budget" compared to a bag of 100 Baltic Ivy plants. :lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
crabcake said:
can ya get me a discount on a massive order? :biggrin:

I need info on spacing/planting it. The mounds are about 20 ft long by 10 and 15 feet wide (there are two mounds).
Those are some mighty big mounds you have there, my dear!
Thank the Lord you have two as well!:killingme

crabcake

Oh, this Baltic Ivy is just what I wanted! Thx again CableChick. :huggy:

We have this stuff growing in the smoking area at work but I didn't know what species it was; it's beautiful, hearty, lasts through the winter, and is the perfect height! :yay:

Here's a pic :yay:

crabcake said:
Oh, this Baltic Ivy is just what I wanted! Thx again CableChick. :huggy:

We have this stuff growing in the smoking area at work but I didn't know what species it was; it's beautiful, hearty, lasts through the winter, and is the perfect height! :yay:

Here's a pic :yay:

You're welcome! I might have to get me some of that! It stays green all year??? Hmmm ... I like!!! Thanks!