Dentists?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Ok, I know there have been several threads on this subject. I've reviewed them, but the information doesn't suit my specifics. So, I'm starting a new thread...

I am mainly looking for a dentist for the kids. Young kids, the oldest is 6. But one that will take care of the whole family is a plus. Saturday hours get a major :yay: but not at the expense of good care. Also, the doctor must be able to speak English clearly, regardless of national origin.

Here's a list of dentists in my dental plan in the tri-county area. Bear with me it's a short list, unfortunately.

Chang, Alan - not a possibility, based on previously posted info.
Juambeltz, Jose (Leonardtown & dunkirk) Only sees kids, but that's ok
Azad, A & Azad, F of NOW Dental, Prince Fred.
Fitchett, Glander of Waldorf
Elshafel, Maysa, Luan Family Dental - Waldorf
Lengade, Sunil - dunkirk
Zolfaghari, Amir - Dunkirk
Wood, Robert - Dunkirk
Garg, Sandeep - Waldorf
Finch, Bernard - Owings
Gregory, Kevin - LP
Tabatabaeei-Fatemi, Mohammad Ali, California Family Denstry - LP
Zulfaghary, Mahvash, Aesthetic & Family Dental Care - dunkirk
Riffee, Matthew - LP only sees patients over 5, I could live with that.
Lemberg, Alan - Indian Head (I'm thinking this is way too far away)

I'm not real familiar with Calvert County. I can find Prince Frederick, and Solomons, but get me too far from a bridge and I don't know where I am.

Dymphna said:
Ok, I know there have been several threads on this subject. I've reviewed them, but the information doesn't suit my specifics. So, I'm starting a new thread...

I am mainly looking for a dentist for the kids. Young kids, the oldest is 6. But one that will take care of the whole family is a plus. Saturday hours get a major :yay: but not at the expense of good care. Also, the doctor must be able to speak English clearly, regardless of national origin.

Here's a list of dentists in my dental plan in the tri-county area. Bear with me it's a short list, unfortunately.

I'm not real familiar with Calvert County. I can find Prince Frederick, and Solomons, but get me too far from a bridge and I don't know where I am.

I took my little one to his first dentist appt earlier this year and we saw Dr. Juambeltz. He was really great. He and his staff were extremely friendly. I give them a :yay:

sockgirl77

Dymphna said:

Chang, Alan - not a possibility, based on previously posted info.
Azad, A & Azad, F of NOW Dental, Prince Fred.
Fitchett, Glander of Waldorf
Elshafel, Maysa, Luan Family Dental - Waldorf
Lengade, Sunil - dunkirk
Zolfaghari, Amir - Dunkirk
Wood, Robert - Dunkirk
Garg, Sandeep - Waldorf
Finch, Bernard - Owings
Gregory, Kevin - LP
Tabatabaeei-Fatemi, Mohammad Ali, California Family Denstry - LP
Zulfaghary, Mahvash, Aesthetic & Family Dental Care - dunkirk
Riffee, Matthew - LP only sees patients over 5, I could live with that.
Lemberg, Alan - Indian Head (I'm thinking this is way too far away)

i love him. i used to go to him but he's not on my new plan.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I use Michelle Yip-Young in La Plata. Don't know if they do small children but I have seen the average size ones in there.

Dymphna

Ken King said:
I use Michelle Yip-Young in La Plata. Don't know if they do small children but I have seen the average size ones in there.
Not covered by my insurance. If I don't go with one of their providers, I have to pay out of pocket and seek reimbursment. Besides being a hassle, they will then only pay 80% of what they will pay the providers in their plan.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Dymphna said:
Not covered by my insurance. If I don't go with one of their providers, I have to pay out of pocket and seek reimbursment. Besides being a hassle, they will then only pay 80% of what they will pay the providers in their plan.
Sorry about that. I have BC/BS and their dental coverage sucks. I signed up for a group plan that Yip-Young participates in at a very low rate and it reduced the customary charges by 50%. I found the group plan at www.dentalinsurance.com

Dymphna

Ken King said:
Sorry about that. I have BC/BS and their dental coverage sucks. I signed up for a group plan that Yip-Young participates in at a very low rate and it reduced the customary charges by 50%. I found the group plan at www.dentalinsurance.com
We actually have pretty decent coverage, it's just that most of the doctors are closer to DC or NoVA. I'd spend as much in gas, as I'd save almost.

Pete

Repete
Too bad Barley and Christie are not on your plan. they pulled boys tooth and it was absofreking looootly perfect. Painless, quick and without the slightest problem.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Pete said:
Too bad Barley and Christie are not on your plan. they pulled boys tooth and it was absofreking looootly perfect. Painless, quick and without the slightest problem.
That's where my mom works, she's been there for 25 years. They've taken care of my teefs since I was a little one. They give the best shots ever. You don't even feel them.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Ehesef said:
That's where my mom works, she's been there for 25 years. They've taken care of my teefs since I was a little one. They give the best shots ever. You don't even feel them.
:yeahthat: they are the best. I see Dr. Barley

Hessian

Dr Morgan over in Mechanicsville

Daughter (9) has been going for three years...they do a fine job with her.

Seperate pediatric and Adult office.
I don't like the pressure to do "deep cleanings." I honestly believe it is a new quackery technique (250.00 above what my dental plan will cover) They measure by ramming their probe into your gums and then fret and worry about how far they shoved it. Hello...just clean my teeth and stop coming up with new things to worry over.

I cancelled the last two apptmts because they wanted to do further "treatments."

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Hessian said:

I don't like the pressure to do "deep cleanings." I honestly believe it is a new quackery technique (250.00 above what my dental plan will cover) They measure by ramming their probe into your gums and then fret and worry about how far they shoved it. Hello...just clean my teeth and stop coming up with new things to worry over.

I cancelled the last two apptmts because they wanted to do further "treatments."
better to make sure now that you dont have any problems so in the future it wont cost you more!!! Could be a sign of gum disease if they measure to far down. Ok Im done LOL

watercolor

yeah yeah
I got to dr alvani and assoc in waldorf. they were/are great! Practical dental and everything. Especially when I had to get my one wisdom tooth pulled- they were so nice and compassionate and always concerned if it hurt and if I needed anything. :)

Dymphna

Hessian said:

Thanks, but not covered by my insurance.

Dymphna

watercolor said:
I got to dr alvani and assoc in waldorf. they were/are great! Practical dental and everything. Especially when I had to get my one wisdom tooth pulled- they were so nice and compassionate and always concerned if it hurt and if I needed anything. :)
Thanks, but not covered by my insurance.