Chevrolet Equinox

Blondie76

Was looking at the Chevrolet website the other day to do some research on the Trailblazer. Then I came across the Equinox. I like the style of it better than the Trailblazer. I did some google searches and found a few reviews, most were good. Does anyone own one or know anyone that does?
http://www.chevrolet.com/equinox/

R

rhumbpunch

This is a new model for 2005in the Mid-Size SUV Market. Probably not to many on the highway yet.

However, Car & Driver Mag did a comparison test, and the Chevy Equinox was rated #1 among the four models tested.

The comparison was between the:
Ford Escape
Saturn Vue
Hyundai Sante Fe
Chevy Equinox

K

Kizzy

I work next to a dealership. :razz: Does that count?

I think it is a nice vehicle, good on gas, seems roomy and not badly priced considering the prices on vehicles today.

willie

3700 Lbs. with a 3.4 V6 would drive me nutser. It will be downshifting at every hump in the road. This won't bother a lot of people but you should take one on an extended test drive to see if it will bother you. My car may have me spoiled in the power department but when I switch to the 5000 Lb. truck with a slightly modified 270 hp, I usually put it in tow/haul mode. IMHO, the way manufacturers gear today's vehicles to gain fuel mileage makes them unsafe to pass or merge in traffic.

dustin

UAIOE
willie said:
IMHO, the way manufacturers gear today's vehicles to gain fuel mileage makes them unsafe to pass or merge in traffic.

It's too bad manufacturers dont offer more manual transmissions. This would certainly solve that problem...

I wonder what the percentage of licensed driver's in America know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission and foot operated clutch?

Blondie76

dustin said:
It's too bad manufacturers dont offer more manual transmissions. This would certainly solve that problem...

I wonder what the percentage of licensed driver's in America know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission and foot operated clutch?

I have tried to drive a manual and failed. Of course it's been about 8 years since the last time I tried. Maybe you should start a poll :wink: