Roadside Memorials

:flowers: Serves no purpose for roadside memorials. People are not there and who wants to be reminded that a loved one died there.

Last edited:

allan1058

Paca,

Im sure if it was one of your relatives you wouldnt be bringing it up, have some respect for some people that it actually means something to. Very ignorant of you to even bring it up, go find something else to nag about that won't hurt somebody's feelings.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
allan1058 said:
Paca, Very ignorant of you to even bring it up, go find something else to nag about that won't hurt somebody's feelings.

Actually it's a poll and topic for discussion on the main page of somd...

Should markers be placed on our roads to indicate death in traffic accidents?
So Far 141 people have said "Yes" and 514 people have said "No". Vote and make your opinion known. Have more to say on the subject? Expand your thoughts in the Survey Forum. Suggest a survey question and win something cool if yours is selected. Be sure to check out our other surveys, polls, quizzes and Contests.

http://somd.com/

allan1058

Well I dont care if it is a poll or not, it is still ignorant to bring it up, if families want to put something there for a while to remember their loved ones than so be it. Its not hurting anybody and helps them through the mourning process. Have some respect for the dead!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
allan1058 said:
Well I dont care if it is a poll or not, it is still ignorant to bring it up, if families want to put something there for a while to remember their loved ones than so be it. Its not hurting anybody and helps them through the mourning process. Have some respect for the dead!

I have plenty of respect for the dead. It's the living that I can't stomach.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
allan1058 said:
How about having some respect for the living? It is no more ignorant to bring it up than it is for you to complain that it was brought up. I don't want to see them. It is a custom from some European and Hispanic countries. We don't live there; they live here. If I lived in their country, I should respect their customs. They live in this country and, until recently, we do not put up roadside memorials.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
TruthDetector88 said:
We pay taxes .I mean get real , Im sure u or some who has been with you in a car has thrown trash out .The day people stop throwing trash on the roads will be the day you can not be a hipocrite!! MY opinion
One time reply until you get your English skills together; your punctuation, grammar, and spelling are terrible. Learn to communicate intelligently.

I do not throw trash out of my vehicle window nor from a boat. I respect this world. I live in it and don't treat it as my personal trash dump. I also do not let others throw trash from my vehicle. We put the trash in a bag or the side pockets and clean them out and put the trash in a trash can later. So who is the hypocrite?

Hello6

Princess of Mean
allan1058 said:

It hurts me to see dead stuffed animals and decaying balloons and cheap faded flowers abandoned on the side of the road. :bawl: Won't someone think of the children?
If you truly respect the dead, honor their memory where they are buried. You don't see people leaving empty 40oz bottles and cans at the hospitals to remember their homies.
Then again, maybe your dead loved ones make you think of roadside trash. :shrug: That's not very respectful to their memory, is it now?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hello6 said:
It hurts me to see dead stuffed animals and decaying balloons and cheap faded flowers abandoned on the side of the road. :bawl: Won't someone think of the children?
If you truly respect the dead, honor their memory where they are buried. You don't see people leaving empty 40oz bottles and cans at the hospitals to remember their homies.
Then again, maybe your dead loved ones make you think of roadside trash. :shrug: That's not very respectful to their memory, is it now?

Well said!

Hello6

Princess of Mean
TruthDetector88 said:
To attack a persons grammer and spelling is to be weak.No dainty dish pan fingers here. I asume u get the point!!!

To type your posts like a 14 year old moron is annoying. No banana fingers here. I assume you are retarded.

Last edited:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
TruthDetector88 said:
Wow what is tyoe
The way you type, you know, like a retard. Thought I'd help you out there by writing in a manner you'd comprehend. Oh wait:

Hte wy u typ u no lke a retard thot id hep u out tere bye riting in a manr yud com...unndrstan

That better?