Food Shoppers Warehouse needs to train on bagging

H

Heretic

Just got my groceries at Food Shoppers Warehouse. When I put my groceries on the belt I put them out in groups, ie all of my cold stuff together, all cans together, etc so that they are bagged in a logical order.

Well I got in the shortest line, it was a tall lanky boy that was trying to grow a beard, you know 3 long hairs sticking out of his chin. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the belt even though there was only one person ahead of me. Meanwhile the guy that chose the next lane over the same time I chose mine was on his way out to his car and he had 3 people ahead of him. Well shaggy (lets call him that cause he looked like shaggy from scooby doo) starts searching through my items on the belt. He picks up my loaf of bread, puts it in the bottom of a bag and then picks up three cans of diced tomatoes and puts them in the bag with my bread...HELLO McFLY!. A bit later he picks up a hot bag of fried chicken and puts it in with my ice cream...HELLO McFLY.

I worked at a grocery store when I was in college and know how much it sucks, but come on. I always thought I was doing the baggers a favor by putting all my like foods together on the belt. I think I liked the self checkout at Superfresh better.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Heretic
When I put my groceries on the belt I put them out in groups, ie all of my cold stuff together, all cans together, etc so that they are bagged in a logical order.

Hey, I thought I was the only one who did that! :wink:

I haven't had the prob you describe at any of the local markets. Once at Sam's Club the guy took my 10# of burger meat and put it on the bottom of the cart and started to put heavy stuff on top. I told him not to do that and he got an attitude with me. I told him to look what he'd done, because now the meat was all compressed and oozing out of the sides of the package. :cussing:

Anyway, next time speak up and give McFly a clue. He probably doesn't do much shopping because he still lives with Mommy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, cool! I thought I was the only anal-retentive neurotic that separated my groceries so they could be bagged in logical order! I also put up the heavy items first and the bread, chips, etc last.

Fortunately for me, all the baggers at our Safeway go to school with my kids or they live in our neighborhood so I know them. And I can fuss at them accordingly!

H

Heretic

"I thought I was the only anal-retentive neurotic that separated my groceries so they could be bagged in logical order! "

I dont think its anal-retentive or neurotic at all, it makes things easier on the clerk and it ensures that we dont have smashed bread or melted icecream.

Another thing I hate is when someone packs bread in with something cold and the bread is all sweaty when you get it home. Oh yea and when they pack cleaning products in with food.

K

Kizzy

I do the same thing. It makes it easier to put the stuff away when you get home. I never put eggs in any bag. They have a special place on the front seat of my car. Cleaning up broken eggs is a pain in the butt.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Re: Re: Food Shoppers Warehouse needs to train on bagging

Originally posted by Sharon
Hey, I thought I was the only one who did that! :wink:

No way. I am the same way. I catergoize everything when shopping. So we are not the weird ones, the rest of the world is. :lol:

Heretic- I dont understand when people do that. It just does not make sense bread=soft, can=hard. It is nuts to think how people just turn their brains off when they are at work. :crazy:

redfish

Back when I was in college, I worked at a Giant as a cashier. I had to go to training for a week (yes a whole week!) which included a hefty dose of bagging techniques. I took great pride in my bagging skills :) The economy must be hurting Giant, because the current crop of employees are not applying the lessons I was taught, so I can only assume they don't get any training.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Heretic said:
Well I got in the shortest line, it was a tall lanky boy that was trying to grow a beard, you know 3 long hairs sticking out of his chin. It took me about 10 minutes to get to the belt even though there was only one person ahead of me. Meanwhile the guy that chose the next lane over the same time I chose mine was on his way out to his car and he had 3 people ahead of him. Well shaggy (lets call him that cause he looked like shaggy from scooby doo) starts searching through my items on the belt. He picks up my loaf of bread, puts it in the bottom of a bag and then picks up three cans of diced tomatoes and puts them in the bag with my bread...HELLO McFLY!. A bit later he picks up a hot bag of fried chicken and puts it in with my ice cream...HELLO McFLY.
I think I work with this guy.:lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Heretic said:
... it was a tall lanky boy that was trying to grow a beard, you know 3 long hairs sticking out of his chin. ... Well shaggy (lets call him that cause he looked like shaggy from scooby doo) ...

BuddyLee said:
I think I work with this guy.:lmao:

:confused: I thought you were that guy :killingme

spookthis

My man shops with me, :huggy: he bags when we check-out while I make sure my 50 cent cucumber isn't rung up as a 4 dollar green pepper. He won't even let the bagger attempt to smash our bread. :boxing: tells 'em that he would rather do it.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
spookthis said:
My man shops with me, :huggy: he bags when we check-out while I make sure my 50 cent cucumber isn't rung up as a 4 dollar green pepper. He won't even let the bagger attempt to smash our bread. :boxing: tells 'em that he would rather do it.
Can the rest of us borrow him? I HATE having to bag and check the twit on the register who 1-rings stuff up twice, and 2--(what you said) rings up one green pepper as a BAG of radishes. Where do these guys come from????? I think they know we're at their mercy. :twitch:

willie

Heretic said:
Just got my groceries at Food Shoppers Warehouse. When I put my groceries on the belt I put them out in groups, ie all of my cold stuff together, all cans together, etc so that they are bagged in a logical order.
Isn't Lexington Park about the only SFW that does pack the groceries for you? Olney doesn't, Germantown doesn't or I should say they didn't a couple of months ago.

Buddy Lee packs groceries OK but he still needs help from Doris or is it Deloris?? on working credit cards. :killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict
willie said:
Buddy Lee packs groceries OK but he still needs help from Doris or is it Deloris?? on working credit cards. :killingme
The second one.:yay: Damn machines.:cussing:I'm still the quickest and most efficient.:biggrin: