People magazine and puppymill article

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Right on their main page they state "Before buying a puppy please check out pets for adoption online at www.petfinder.com". And "Our breeders breed for QUALITY and not QUANTITY.

We highly encourage spaying/ neutering your pet to stop over population of animals.

We ask people who visit our website to please visit www.petfinder.org before purchasing a puppy."

http://cuddlypuppy.com/

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I put in my two cents

I signed the petition as well. Thanks for drawing attention to the matter. Let's hope for a con·sci·en·tious outcome.

I like the comment written by one of the petitioners. It read something like, the Titan and his mother should have to volunteer at a puppymill rescue. I TOTALLY like that idea. Someone should get that kid straight before he loses sight of what is important. and NOW.

Imagine what he'll be like... ---if he's getting fame and "fortune" and magazine coverage at a young age now--- what will he require later on in life??? *shudder* and at the sake of running a puppymill, making sales over the internet...

:yikes:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Post Haste

virgovictoria said:
I signed the petition as well. Thanks for drawing attention to the matter. Let's hope for a con·sci·en·tious outcome.

I like the comment written by one of the petitioners. It read something like, the Titan and his mother should have to volunteer at a puppymill rescue. I TOTALLY like that idea. Someone should get that kid straight before he loses sight of what is important. and NOW.

Imagine what he'll be like... ---if he's getting fame and "fortune" and magazine coverage at a young age now--- what will he require later on in life??? *shudder* and at the sake of running a puppymill, making sales over the internet...

:yikes:

As I am a dog momma v. having children, I responded and signed the petition before even looking at the webpage that the article was shining on. After briefly reviewing, I am still positive about signing the petition, though feel like a bit of an *cough, cough* idiot. I appreciate the things that Elaine pointed out, even if I didn't learn until expos factos.

Anyhoo, whatever it takes to make safer, stronger, healthier and more loving environments for our pets, while educating pet owners, I am all for it. I'll stop here. For now....

gr8dane

so just because they have on their website check petfinder, spay neuter etc, you this this business is legit? I think you need to read the complete article and then reread it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
gr8dane said:
so just because they have on their website check petfinder, spay neuter etc, you this this business is legit? I think you need to read the complete article and then reread it.

I think you need to be more zealous. :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Danzig said:
Why don't you take the frickin cat if it bugs you so much that she don't want it.

Unlike some people, I don't adopt animals that I don't want.

Danzig

elaine said:
Unlike some people, I don't adopt animals that I don't want.
Then tell us Pet lovers how we should be focusing our energy on people like this.

What should we do?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Danzig said:
Then tell us Pet lovers how we should be focusing our energy on people like this.

What should we do?

You should ask gr8dane. I'm not the one going around picking on breeders and tossing my 5 year old pet out the door.

Danzig

elaine said:
You should ask gr8dane. I'm not the one going around picking on breeders and tossing my 5 year old pet out the door.
Why would I ask them? You are the one who said "Pet lovers should be focusing their energy on people like this." Well tell us Miss know it all, just what is it that WE should be doing? I need to know what to do with all this pet lovin energy I have built up.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Danzig said:
Why would I ask them? You are the one who said "Pet lovers should be focusing their energy on people like this." Well tell us Miss know it all, just whay is it that WE should be doing? I need to know what to do with all this pet lovin energy I have built up.

I guess you missed the fact that I brought these two threads together, didn't you?

As long as people adopt pets they don't want, they'll be dumping them on the sides of the roads, putting them to sleep and giving them up to shelters for compassionate people to adopt and foot the bill for. As long as people keep buying from puppy mills, pet stores, and breeders, all of the above will keep spitting them out. The fault lies with the pet owner. Not the breeder, not the store, not the shelters.

Do you really think if we shut down all of the breeders that there would be no more homeless or stray pets? It's an endless battle. There is no answer. Only a bunch of whiny azz babies running around complaining and shoving useless petitions in everyone's face.

Danzig

elaine said:
I guess you missed the fact that I brought these two threads together, didn't you?.......... Only a bunch of whiny azz babies running around complaining and shoving useless petitions in everyone's face.
Those whiny azz babies pizz me off too, but warms my heart and makes me feel better to know that there are people like you out there doing so much to make this world a better place. Thank You. Keep up the great work.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Danzig said:
Those whiny azz babies pizz me off too, but warms my heart and makes me feel better to know that there are people like you out there doing so much to make this world a better place. Thank You. Keep up the great work.

Your welcome.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Danzig said:
I need to know what to do with all this pet lovin energy I have built up.

Volunteer at the pound, help out a rescue org., and make it socially unacceptable to dispose of a pet just because it's become inconvenient to you. Educate people about the fate of unwanted puppies and kittens and the dog they've dropped off at the pound. Show them what happens to a dog when it was free to a good home

gr8dane

Im not picking on breeders, the original post was to help shut down a puppymill brokerage website and to voice your disgust w/People Magazine for praising such a business. Obviously youd rather be part of the problem than the solution