The Polar Express

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
I think it is a wonderful movie, unless you are a scrooge. It’s sweet, exciting, funny, and just a good clean story. As I was leaving the theater I actually considered spending another $11 to see it again tomorrow.
:popcorn: That’s a rarity for me.

WARNING: Those who become motion sick easily will have trouble watching it. There are at least 4 scenes that I know would make my Mom ill.

Last edited:

BTE

Extra Ordinary
Llwynog said:
I think it is a wonderful movie, unless you are a scrooge. It’s sweet, exciting, funny, and just a good clean story. As I was leaving the theater I actually considered spending another $11 to see it again tomorrow.

WARNING: Those who become motion sick easily will have trouble watching it. There are at least 4 scenes that I know would make my Mom ill.
Thanks for the review. I plan on taking my kids this weekend.

sockgirl77

so glad to hear that it's good. i've been looking forward to seeing it. i plan on going this weekend. sorry hs, already have a date. :kiss:

K

Kizzy

Thanks for the review. I am taking the boys to see it this weekend too since it looks like it is going to be wet all weekend.

K

Kizzy

Llwynog said:

I've heard a few people mention the motion sickness in this movie and I have to agree. The scenes in the movie seemed almost 3-D dimensional, because you really felt like you were on that train. It is hard to believe how far computer animation has come. The faces looked so real in this film and the body movements are extremely life like. It was a great movie, the kids really enjoyed it, and they were thoroughly into the movies dramatic train trip, actually so was I. The movie’s main character looks exactly like my oldest son, with the only exception being the shape of the boy’s eyes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I can't wait to go see it. And the other new one with Johnny Depp (I can't remember the name at the moment and to lazy to pull out the paper...)

K

Kizzy

Everytime the kids see a preview they will ask, can we go see that?

They showed the previews for the new Winnie the Pooh movie and I asked :lmao: so, you want me to take you all to see that? I found out that none of us are Pooh fans. :razz:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
RoseRed said:
I can't wait to go see it. And the other new one with Johnny Depp (I can't remember the name at the moment and to lazy to pull out the paper...)
finding or neverland?? Something neverland

CMC122

Go Braves!
My DH the 10yo and the 3yo went last night and loved it. It was the 3yo's first movie, held his attention the entire time! (that is quite an accomplishment:lol: So you know it was good!)

I'm going to check it out tonight myself:dance:

CMC122 said:
My DH the 10yo and the 3yo went last night and loved it. It was the 3yo's first movie, held his attention the entire time! (that is quite an accomplishment:lol: So you know it was good!)

I'm going to check it out tonight myself:dance:
Smart woman... send the DH with the kids separately... you will not only enjoy a 'bathroom break' free viewing... you won't have to share the bucket 'o popcorn either...:yay:

B

baswm

My son and me went last night in PF. There were 12 people total in the movie last night. :yay: it was good.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Yeah, Finding Neverland is the name staring Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet. :)

And I am going to see the Polar Express tomorrow with the girls. Looks like I am in for a good movie :D

Lost Soul

Took the grandchild to see it Friday. Both the wife and I thought it was okay but nothing great. The grandchild liked it for awhile then said it was taking too long.
I was more impressed with the advertisements at the begiinning and even that took to long. Popcorn was Okay

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My friend and I took our kids to see it yesterday, it was GREAT!!!

I did have to look away at a couple of parts because it gave me vertigo and made me feel as though I was on a roller coaster, all the while, my chicklet is not quite yelling WHEEEEE!!!!! (she loves roller coasters ~ :lol:)

We really enjoyed it. :yay: :yay: :yay: