Vatican Rejects U.S. Bishops' Proposal on Sex Abuse Scandal

J

justhangn

005.gif
Who's actually running the church anyway?
005.gif

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Quoting here:

"Though the official response of the church isn't expected until Friday, a Vatican source said the one-and-a-half page statement acknowledges the American bishops' efforts to address the problem of sexual abuse of minors. But it goes on to say that some of their proposals, decided at a June meeting in Dallas, conflict with church law."

Maybe I'm being shallow minded here, but how could their efforts to stop this problem be, in ANY way, in conflict with church law?
Can someone enlighten me?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by bknarw
...Maybe I'm being shallow minded here, but how could their efforts to stop this problem be, in ANY way, in conflict with church law?
Can someone enlighten me?
I think there's a more perverted reason myself but their official line is...

"Vatican officials have suggested that a "zero tolerance" policy leaves no room for Christian forgiveness"

No problem... We forgive you... Now place your head onto the block and try not to thrash about too much!

S

ShellyCW

Originally posted by Kyle
I think there's a more perverted reason myself but their official line is...

"Vatican officials have suggested that a "zero tolerance" policy leaves no room for Christian forgiveness"

I'm not exactly the religious type, but I was under the impression that it was the victims and their families who should have the right to forgive the "priests."

Oh, yah.. and what happened to Christian Forgiveness for that group of Catholic women who were excommunicated for demanding to be let into the clergy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
"Vatican officials have suggested that a "zero tolerance" policy leaves no room for Christian forgiveness."

Thank goodness. These American Catholic Leaders have been soft-balling this issue for years. Millions of dollars in payoffs to victims later, enough is enough! If the American priests won't hold their peers accountable, I'm glad that the Vatican will!