smcdem

demsformd

I cannot believe the way that all of you are disparging this young man. Guess what, not all of us have enough time to find facts and statistics to prove our points unlike those of us who apparently do? The views of our youth must be valued. My parents were Republicans yet I chose to be a Democrat because that party has made it clear that they do not accept young people as equals. Instead they are just their property.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Get with the program - we disparage ALL Democrats.
Guess what, not all of us have enough time to find facts and statistics to prove our points unlike those of us who apparently do?
Yeah, we noticed that about Democrats - that's why we disparage you. When you can back up your arguments with statistics and facts, we'll stop.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
You pretty much earn respect around here. I think it's wonderful how enthusiastic SMCDEM is, but his off the wall assertions ruin his credibility. He just needs to turn it down a notch, and put a little more thought into what he posts. But then, we were all 15 once, and probably similar in our approach to things.

smcdem

What off the wall posts?? I just posted that I HOPE that Bob lewis will get more votes then Gray...I didn't say i KNOW he would. My off the wall posts as in my predictions?? ah come on thats a cheap one!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pssst...smcdem. I think he's talking about your admiration for KKT.

We used to have a fairly intelligent liberal on here once. No, really! He was pretty smart - for a liberal. His name was MGKrebs. He was even honest enough to be embarrassed when the UN elected Muammar Khaddafi (or however you spell his name) as their Human Rights czar. But he made the mistake of asking us what we thought of Al Gore
http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2714
and we told him. He hasn't been back since. :confused:

You, Smcdem, seem to have a good sense of humor and don't take yourself too seriously. That's a good thing.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by demsformd
I cannot believe the way that all of you are disparging this young man. Guess what, not all of us have enough time to find facts and statistics to prove our points unlike those of us who apparently do? The views of our youth must be valued. My parents were Republicans yet I chose to be a Democrat because that party has made it clear that they do not accept young people as equals. Instead they are just their property.

What an a$$clown, to disagree and provide proof to further a viewpoint is not disparaging, it is intellectually debating. The views of youths only need to be valued when:

1. Their views have worth,
2. They know what they are talking about.
3. When you respect them because of their displayed knowledge and actions.

By the way, that is the same criteria I use for all the discussions I have. I have debated Smcdem on points here and never have I suggested that they shouldn’t have an opinion. My contention is in the relevance of that opinion. I have been asked why do I bother. My answer is that I want them to see a differing point of view that when supported by facts can bring about a change of position, aka enlightenment. Not just the beating of Mommy and Daddy’s drums.

To continue, children are not equals; our laws even make this clear. Can Smcdem drive, no as they are too young. Can they vote, no as they are too young. Can they marry, no as again they are too young. Can they work, yes but only for a specified number of hours each week. There are many other areas where this is evident, except in your mind.

J

justhangn

My parents were Republicans yet I chose to be a Democrat because that party has made it clear that they do not accept young people as equals. Instead they are just their property.

Absolutely, Democraps know everyone that they pull onboard is a vote, rather it is an informed vote or not. Be assured that they prefer the second.

K

Kain99

I cannot believe the way that all of you are disparging this young man. The views of our youth must be valued.

This is an equal opportunity Forum. Smcdem is treated no differently than the adults who post here. Are you suggesting that we give him special treatment?