Trail Ride Dec 5th??

AMP

Jersey attitude.
It is a make up of one that got cancelled on the 14th because of rain. Judged for many things, something like $10 per class? I think it is sponsored by a lesson barn? Oh boy, I can't remember where it is, though. Wanted some info on how difficult the ride is, since the flyer I saw didn't tell. My horse can get pretty klutzy, and I wanted some easy rides to take him on with a group to build his confidence.

Anyone know any more than I do?? Thanks!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It's either MAHA (MD Arabian Horse Assoc) or SMTR (St Mary's Trail Riders). Check the horse classified on SOMD, they post there. :smile:
Hey I'm always game to go on a ride...Greenwell is about 10 miles from me, or you can trailer to my place for miles and miles of riding for free. <hint hint>

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I just started getting into riding, but so far everytime I have been out it's been dark. My friends have a bunch of Horses and the only time we have a chance to ride is at night. It's still fun

AMP

Jersey attitude.
happyappygirl said:
It's either MAHA (MD Arabian Horse Assoc) or SMTR (St Mary's Trail Riders). Check the horse classified on SOMD, they post there. :smile:
Hey I'm always game to go on a ride...Greenwell is about 10 miles from me, or you can trailer to my place for miles and miles of riding for free. <hint hint>

Why, thank you! I often want to get off the farm, but don't have anywhere to go that I am familiar with and usually no one to ride with. I may take you up on your offer. :banana:

It may be a SMTR ride. Have to ask the boarder about it, as well as check the classifieds. Thanks!

I am just concerned there may be obstacles my lazy horse will not navigate with the greatest of ease. :) (In April we were loping up a slight hill a few days after rain and his front feet went right out from under him, he landed on his knees, and I pitched right down over his shoulder. Landed on my head. Ow. We both need a confidence builder.)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OWWWWWWWWW...sounds like you need a seat belt :lol:
My place has trails on different levels, so we can pick. Right now & for the next 2 weeks i'm a little skeered to go out with all the hunters.... :shocking: I think that's for the next 2 weeks. pm me anytime, and we can go! I think we could find somewhere to ride. :smile:

mingiz

Horse Poor
DEC 5 Ride

It is a SMTR make up ride. You can do the judged part or just ride. More info on Yahoo groups under smtr....Happy Trails :patriot:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
appyday said:
I wanna go too...mabie we can all meet...We can all meet at Greenwell or Happys :cartwheel

I think that is a nice idea! Something easy and relaxing that would be made fun with new people to meet and talk with. I like riding with folks but sometimes these organized rides are a bit too big.

OMG, November is, like, over. December before it gets too cold/wet/muddy?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
This weekend is suppose to be pretty nice, weather wise i heard. Greenwell State Park will be busy, i think they're having their open house on Saturday 11-3, which includes crafts for children, pictures with the Santa horses, etc. I'm not sure where the horses come from? The kids might like that too. The trails are nice and easy. Shall we plan on it? (Weather permitting of course.....but REAL cowgirls *like ME* ride in the rain :smile:)

Josimmon

I would love to go too but my new baby is not ready to go in the woods yet. He had an incident with his last owner and I am trying to build his confidence up. Maybe I can join you in a few weeks....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Josimmon said:
I would love to go too but my new baby is not ready to go in the woods yet. He had an incident with his last owner and I am trying to build his confidence up. Maybe I can join you in a few weeks....
Best way to do that is to take him out with seasoned experienced quiet horses like mine :smile:
Let me know if you want to come to my place to practice. I wouldn't treat him like he was a brick of gold, just go and expect that he'll behave and he will. He will most likely gain confidence from the other horses.
I'll rent out my roundpen and trail by the hour too. :lol:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Argh, this saturday is not going to work for me, I have folks coming down. I need to take a trial drive out past Greenwell or your place or wherever we would ride. Know how many times I have driven my trailer with a horse in it? Once. And that was 14 miles round trip (took a horse to my house in the 'dorf to give him a good bath). So I need a little practice to get it right.

Wish I was as avid and experienced a trail rider as you are!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
AMP said:
Argh, this saturday is not going to work for me, I have folks coming down. I need to take a trial drive out past Greenwell or your place or wherever we would ride. Know how many times I have driven my trailer with a horse in it? Once. And that was 14 miles round trip (took a horse to my house in the 'dorf to give him a good bath). So I need a little practice to get it right.

Wish I was as avid and experienced a trail rider as you are!
hang with me an Appy and you SHALL be!! :lmao:
I personally have done some pretty extreme trail rides. It's such a rush when you're done and get back safely (you and your horse!). I've been riding with some awesome trail riders in some absolutely gorgeous places. And You have to have special horses, surefooted and strong inside and out. Takes a lot of horse for that sort of stuff, so i have to develop them consistently. Most horses as long as they are sound are up for the task, you'd be surprised at what they can do. My favorite is jumping off a high bank into a river on horseback. WOW!!! now that's a RUSH. My one horse chey LOVES to do that, she's a water nut. :getdown:

AMP

Jersey attitude.
happyappygirl said:
hang with me an Appy and you SHALL be!! :lmao:
I personally have done some pretty extreme trail rides. It's such a rush when you're done and get back safely (you and your horse!). I've been riding with some awesome trail riders in some absolutely gorgeous places. And You have to have special horses, surefooted and strong inside and out. Takes a lot of horse for that sort of stuff, so i have to develop them consistently. Most horses as long as they are sound are up for the task, you'd be surprised at what they can do. My favorite is jumping off a high bank into a river on horseback. WOW!!! now that's a RUSH. My one horse chey LOVES to do that, she's a water nut. :getdown:

Good God, woman! Amazing. :smile: I look forward to doing some riding with you guys asap. I rode for 6 days in Utah in Dixie National FOrest, talk about extreme, but then again it was not my horse. I think my horse would enjoy more trails. We went down over the hill thru the creek and woods at our place last week, and at one point I closed my eyes and just grabbed mane. Turned out he took an easier way up the bank than I figured he would, so yeah, he can do things as long as *I* am not scared.

Beau is built like a tank, he's got Sonny Dee Bar in him not too far back, so he's more old time QH. Sensible, unless it comes to white things blowing around on the ground. I long to ride on some trails, not along the roads... The rides we take are either around the farm or up 301 to the gas station for a soda (not often lately). Since it is White Plains, people's eyes still pop out of their heads when they see two or three horses parked in a parking space. :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Hey AMP, I have been riding in White Plains also. Back on a Farm, up the Railroad Tracks all around, I used to ride my 4-wheeler from brandywine to white plains all the time so I know the trails are there, but I'm new on a horse and they are not mine so I have not been able to try that ride yet

AMP

Jersey attitude.
appyday said:
When I was young I rode everywhere..I went to McDonalds in Lex Park (from Leonardtown) and rode threw the drive in. I have gone threw leonardtown almost weekly or more for years (long time ago) I rode where no other would...

Then I started showing heavy and had no time to trail ride. I was always "working"

I now am back to owning 4 trail horses along with my show horses. I have something I can bring for someone on Sunday if need be. Jacob is good.

My new paso on the other hand is a fire cracker on the trail..but a blast to ride (if you like controlled TNT)

So the ride is on Sunday or Saturday?? What time? I told hubby tonight I was going. If no one needs Jacob I will ask a friend to go with me....

Nanny used to tell me of all the places everyone used to ride to; at first I thought, whoa. Now that I am part of it, it's nothing but a thing. :)

THe big ride that I was talking about is on Sunday, I think it starts at 9 for judged and 10 for people who just want to ride. I don't know where exactly it is or if my friend will have room in her trailer to haul my horse or if I will have to go by myself. We have a few folks from the barn going.

No thanks on the controlled TNT, you just keep that all for yourself. :)

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Magnum said:
Hey AMP, I have been riding in White Plains also. Back on a Farm, up the Railroad Tracks all around, I used to ride my 4-wheeler from brandywine to white plains all the time so I know the trails are there, but I'm new on a horse and they are not mine so I have not been able to try that ride yet

Yikes, it is a little more challenging on a horse. Crossing roads is a biggie - people either stop and stare or act like they have seen it all and drive too close or too fast.

I went from White Plains at the farm to my house in the 'dorf, all on trails I never knew were there (some gas lines, so thru common area), the old guy that works on our farm took me. Eye opening experience. But very cool to share with a horse!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Hot-Momma's Ride!!!!

Saturday is better for me, Rottncop comes home sometime sunday and I don't know exactly when that is, but can make it if we do it after lunchtime ~ he'll prolly want to come. :lol:
an easy ride is a must if we're to take the young-uns with hosses, but I can use a buddy saddle for her if not~she likes to trot and canter some too.
I DO want to do a grownups ride or one where i put lil one in a buddy saddle at some point, so we can RIDE and not walk most of it.
Maybe we can schedule a monthly event where we all get together somewhere to ride on one saturday morning each month. We can vary the place....sort of like starting our own little club like the "Hot-Momma's Ride" :dance: :peace: YEAH that's the ticket!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Just talked to Rottncop he DOES want to ride with the Hot Momma's....so Sunday around 12:30-ish is good for us, someplace fairly close to Oakville/Hollywood. We could pack a lunch and have "lunch on the trail"
YUUUMMM. OK..now where to go?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Terry from SMTR is sending me an updated flyer for the ride Sunday, pm me with your email addy if you want me to forward it. The trails are already marked so there will not be any issues with gun hunting. :getdown:
But I'm still going to wear hunter's orange!! I don't think hunting will be allowed this sunday will it?

AMP

Jersey attitude.
happyappygirl said:
Terry from SMTR is sending me an updated flyer for the ride Sunday, pm me with your email addy if you want me to forward it. The trails are already marked so there will not be any issues with gun hunting. :getdown:
But I'm still going to wear hunter's orange!! I don't think hunting will be allowed this sunday will it?

I thought it was deer season - do they hunt on SUndays?

I like your idea of the Hot Momma's Riding Club. This weekend won't work for me if I am going on that other ride (see other thread). But if no one else goes this weekend, maybe the 11 or 12th weather permitting? You guys go try out the club and let me know if it's cool being a member - I'll join. :lol:

I have a feeling my horse and I will be sadly out of shape compared to youse guys (New Jersey for "y'all") but I want to start DOING something with my horsey, not just plunk around. A small group/club is a nice idea.