broken toe

Elle

Happy Camper!
What will a doctor do if you have a broken toe? Just tape it to the ones next to it till it heals? I droped a hair dryer on my toe earlier this month and it hurt then it went away and now has started again hurting like hell the past 3 days. I don't really want to have to take off of work, waste an hour or 2 of my time and pay a whopping $5 co-pay if she is just going to tape it to another toe and say take some pain killers.

D

dems4me

Elle said:
What will a doctor do if you have a broken toe? Just tape it to the ones next to it till it heals? I droped a hair dryer on my toe earlier this month and it hurt then it went away and now has started again hurting like hell the past 3 days. I don't really want to have to take off of work, waste an hour or 2 of my time and pay a whopping $5 co-pay if she is just going to tape it to another toe and say take some pain killers.

You might want to have it x-rayed because sometimes the bone fracture is on a nerve and the pain will never go away and then you will possibly have to pay a dr. to rebreak it and then set it correctly... worse case scenario.

fddog

Bow wow
Elle said:
weren't you an emt? The only thing he will do is like kain said, Tape it :ohwell:

D

dems4me

fddog said:
weren't you an emt? The only thing he will do is like kain said, Tape it :ohwell:

If it's damaged a nerve they may do surgury on it... does it hurt to bend or put weight on it :shrug:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Sorry you hurt your toe, but I think they are going to have to take it off.....You waited too long..... :flowers: Hope everyting goes OK.....

PrepH4U

dems4me said:
If it's damaged a nerve they may do surgury on it... does it hurt to bend or put weight on it :shrug:
Ahhh did you read the part where she said it hurt like hail? And yes it would hurt to bend it if its broken. You don't need nerve damage for it to hurt! :whistle: Oh yeah and putting sugar on it will not help, I don't think that old wives tale would work for broken toes!
Elle they will tape it and give you a special shoe if its your big toe, ask Nomoney for hers! :lol:

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
Perhaps you and Christy should start a new club.

Christy didn't drop a blow dryer on her thumb! She thought she was Supergirl and tried splitting a log with it. Unfortunately, the log splitter didn't see it the same way. For her, surgery was the only option.

Tape is all you'll get, Elle. Foot filanges get short shrift.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Don't even bother going to the doctor. It'll just have to heal itself. My Mom has broken her toes zillions of times and they just have to run the healing course.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
JabbaJawz said:
Don't even bother going to the doctor. It'll just have to heal itself. My Mom has broken her toes zillions of times and they just have to run the healing course.
Yahoo IMer please...

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I broke mine 2 weeks before my senior prom. I was dancing to Madonna on my carpeted steps in fuzzy slippers. :dork:

I soaked it in epsom salt for days and I remember it hurting for months. Sorry, hope yours heals faster.:flowers: