Ricks Cheesesteak factory and Italian eatery

Pete

Repete
Boy and I pulled into town Saturday afternoon from out road trip and as promised we had pizza Saturday night.

Instead of ordering the typical mass produced, machine flattened, conveyor belt baked pizza we opted for a pie from Rick's in Wildewood.

The pizza was very very good. The crust had more body and was more chewy than your typical gas station or Papa Dominos, almost resembling authentic Italian pizza crust. The toppings were ample and the crust was of consistant thickness and perfectly cooked, not the soggy part in the middle I hate.

The pie was somewhat larger I believe than your typical delivery joint and for $17 it was comparable to a large 2 topping from any of the other places (coupons excluded). That being said I will toss my cash to a locally owned and operated place, that serves good food instead of the chains.

It was ready when I walked in to pick it up and the people working there are cheerful and helpful.

We have to give Rick's Cheesesteak Factory Pizza

Pete :yay:
Boy :yay:

Last edited:
Thanks for the review... I will have to take the kids soon. They are firm believers that one week without pizza makes one weak. :yay:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Boy and I pulled into town Saturday afternoon from out road trip and as promised we had pizza Saturday night.

Instead of ordering the typical mass produced, machine flattened, conveyor belt baked pizza we opted for a pie from Rick's in Wildewood.

The pizza was very very good. The crust had more body and was more chewy than your typical gas station or Papa Dominos, almost resembling authentic Italian pizza crust. The toppings were ample and the crust was of consistant thickness and perfectly cooked, not the soggy part in the middle I hate.

The pie was somewhat larger I believe than your typical delivery joint and for $17 it was comparable to a large 2 topping from any of the other places (coupons excluded). That being said I will toss my cash to a locally owned and operated place, that serves good food instead of the chains.

It was ready when I walked in to pick it up and the people working there are cheerful and helpful.

We have to give Rick's Cheesesteak Factory Pizza

Pete :yay:
Boy :yay:
Great to hear it was good. I think that Rick is from the old Oakwood Lodge and for a short stint at Evan's.

Was it busy?

Pete

Repete
Ken King said:
Great to hear it was good. I think that Rick is from the old Oakwood Lodge and for a short stint at Evan's.

Was it busy?
I did carry out but the tables seemed full. This was not the first experience with them, I stopped in and got a cheesesteak a few weeks ago on the way home and it was good, nothing I would walk a mile over broken glass for but good.

I would say the only detractor for dining in there is a strange arrangement. At first glance when you walk in it seems almost fastfoodish- walk up and order then sit and wait for your number, but in fact it is a sit down resturant where they take your order.

Triggerfish

I had a pizza at Rick's and was very good. We also had the stuffed mushrooms and that was delicious also. I was wondering how their cheesesteak sandwiches are.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Triggerfish said:
I had a pizza at Rick's and was very good. We also had the stuffed mushrooms and that was delicious also. I was wondering how their cheesesteak sandwiches are.

They are great. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Danzig

flowerchild said:
May I ask what the point of this would be?
It is what you do after you forget that :loser: hang out here.

And say that :gossip:and :gossip: like to go to:gossip:on :gossip: and:gossip: .

So you just change it to :whistle: