Argh - The Sunday ride: Lynden Farms

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Hi all - just got some info on the ride that I was planning to do this Sunday. It is at Lynden Farms, near SoMd College on Mitchellville ROad (off 301). That is up above Laplata

Registration is at 8:30 (coggins needed) and it is $12 to just ride, and $5 for each 'class' you want to do (I guess they have differnt judged trail stuff).

Non judged ride starts at 10:00, judged starts at 11:00. Trails are supposedly decent, not too wild. Only bad thing is parking - when it rains apparantly the lot gets verrryy muddy. That's why it was cancelled last time.

The little old guy at my barn is determined I should go on this one, so I guess I gotta find a way.

Anyone else interested?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I don't wanna PAY to ride, LOL....I'm a *cough*cheapskate*cough* especially considering my own trails are just as beautiful and can be as challenging depending on where you go :lol:
sorry :flowers:
Want to go to Greenwell? It's not far from my place, nice parking lot and picnic tables too.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
appyday said:
Tex....is that critter still alive????????????????????????

Very much so. Cantakerous as ever, but we love him. And he is good to me, so I like to oblige him when I can.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
I don't want to pay either, got no money!, but I got invited back before the cancelled one so if the Lyden (Linden?)ride happens, I should go.

Tell you what, if the ride gets cancelled and you guys go to Greenwell on SUnday, let me know what time - if I can find my way down there I will!

I don't wanna PAY to ride, LOL....I'm a *cough*cheapskate*cough* especially considering my own trails are just as beautiful and can be as challenging depending on where you go
sorry
Want to go to Greenwell? It's not far from my place, nice parking lot and picnic tables too.
Plan on me....hopefully hubby is out of the hospital by then..I will bring a friend on one of my horses and a customer friend of mine wants to go too...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
AMP said:
I don't want to pay either, got no money!, but I got invited back before the cancelled one so if the Lyden (Linden?)ride happens, I should go.

Tell you what, if the ride gets cancelled and you guys go to Greenwell on SUnday, let me know what time - if I can find my way down there I will!

I don't wanna PAY to ride, LOL....I'm a *cough*cheapskate*cough* especially considering my own trails are just as beautiful and can be as challenging depending on where you go
sorry
Plan on me....hopefully hubby is out of the hospital by then..I will bring a friend on one of my horses and a customer friend of mine wants to go too...
Greenwell is off the road that turns at the Burchmart off 235, Down towards Sotterly right Appy? Appy is bringing 2 friends, and I'll bring enough family that equals her 2 friends :lol:
Nice parking lot at Greenwell.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Yes that is where Greenwell park is located. I will see how many people I can get. I only want to make one trip so wont bring too many...
ya don't know anybody but me who has their own horse-wheels? :confused:

Gooseneck

appyday said:
Usually have 8-10 judges out in the woods sitting at different obsiticles..ie bridge, stream, up hill, down hill, etc. Each judge scores you on each obsicle.

Example..

Bridge should walk to hesitate without stopping drop head and causiously walk over (faulted for refusing, stopping, or blundering over without looking)

Up hill..should walk with riders butt out of the seat and up on the horses neck. (faulted for head tossing, rushing, bolting up hill etc)

Down hill..should almost slide down on butt (faulted for tossing head, rushing, refusing etc)

Logs..walk overs..should go quiet and look at what they are doing (again no rushing, pissyness, or impatientness etc)

Hope this helps some.......................................

I see. Do any english riders ride in the judged portion? If so, are they judged by the same criteria as a western (Pleasure?) horse?

Just wondering, even though I already have saddle time planned for that day, it sounds like it might be a fun alternative sometime.

K

Katie

MUST buy a horse!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I am going into withdrawls of not being around them.

The picture attached was my horse, before I moved down here!!!

Attachments

• Kathy.jpg
    Kathy.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
ruh-roh....if we go to K's place out by Buds Creek, i'm not sure how much trailer room she has...how many trailer loads have you invited?
i'm sure boy will want to go. he and rottncop will fight over chey :lol: i love to watch a good azz whippin' cause we both know boy will loose and have to ride slow poke Spot :lol:
if it's more than k's place can handle, we'll go to greenwell, she has a pretty big place though. i haven't heard back from her yet.