Beavers! Help!

girliegirl

:tap: :tap: :tap: :tap: Does anyone have a clue on how to rid a pond of Beaver's, and there are many, that will not cost an excessive amount of money?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Tear up the dams, to release water. And dogs around keep them away. We had a pair move into our property, dam up the stream and create a muddy lake at the bottom of our property last fall, we just tore up the dam a couple of times, and they moved on. I don't think you can shoot them.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
not if you could see the environmental damage they do. :frown:
prolly a dozen or more beautiful hardwood trees chewed down within a week's time, and a mudpit at the bottom of my property, all for their amusement.
:burning: not pretty.

K

Kain99

happyappygirl said:
not if you could see the environmental damage they do. :frown:
prolly a dozen or more beautiful hardwood trees chewed down within a week's time, and a mudpit at the bottom of my property, all for their amusement.
:burning: not pretty.
Gee Whiz! I was just saying.... :diva:

K

Kain99

Hate to break up the party but....possible flame war on isle 5! :roflmao:

K

Kain99

happyappygirl said:
and carry RABIES... :shocking:
You are very negative about the poor beavers Hap.... I think you need to close your eyes and imagine that you are a poor helpless beaver. See: Doesn't that feel better? :banana:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Kain99 said:
You are very negative about the poor beavers Hap.... I think you need to close your eyes and imagine that you are a poor helpless beaver. See: Doesn't that feel better? :banana:
lemme think on it.....

girliegirl

I thought the beavers were amusing at first, but now that I have seen the damage they have done, and there are at least 2 families with young ones ( my pond is 5 acres) I have had enough...I am at war with the Beavers...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
:shrug: Traps?

We used to catch beavers in some of our muskrat traps when I was a kid.