Soda drinkers beware?

Fruitcake Lady

Who the Hell Cares?
I love some nice cold water but I can't be far from the lady's room. You know the bladder isn't as strong as it used to be.

D

dems4me

Fruitcake Lady said:
I love some nice cold water but I can't be far from the lady's room. You know the bladder isn't as strong as it used to be.

Depends :shrug:

Personally I can't stand water, any form... I do love cokes, milk and bud light though... :dance: I'll take my chances on the cancer... it's not like it's anymore of a risk than smoking is... :lol:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Kizzy said:
Study links soft drinks to esophageal cancer

Just all the more reason to drink water.

In the article:

The bottom line? "Don't take the news about soda and esophageal cancer to heart," says Jaffe, who gave precisely that advice to a patient who swore he was going to give up the fizzy brew after hearing about the research from India. "If part of what makes life enjoyable for you is having a couple of Diet Cokes, then go ahead. Life is short and there are worse habits to have. You have to put everything into perspective."

That's just fine for Bozdech, who also suffers reflux symptoms now and then. "I wouldn't cut it from my diet unless there's more evidence," she says.

Thank Goodness! I wouldn't give up my diet Pepsi anyway... Besides, there are sooo many things that are gonna kill me sooner!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kizzy said:
Study links soft drinks to esophageal cancer

Just all the more reason to drink water.

Didn't you ever do the soda and tooth experiment when you were a kid??

4th grade our teacher had us bring in a lost tooth, and placed it in a cup of soda.. after a few days all that was left was the filling.. the soda ate the tooth, so no big surprise the damage it can do to soft tissue..

as far as flouidated water, dipsticks in PA fought tooth and nail that it caused Birth Defects, caused cancer.. the whold gamut of BS that conspiracy theorists clain against ANYTHING. I've had flouridated water most of my life and the only thing I get is the dentist remarking how hard my teeth are, and how hard it is to drill them.

Llwynog

Thats Welsh for fox.
I grewup on well water and just don't like the taste of public water. But its like the soda study there is more changing than just the water supply.

Wait a minute. 4th grade + lost tooth = baby tooth??.......FILLING???????

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Knew the tooth dissolving in coke was crap

itsbob said:
Didn't you ever do the soda and tooth experiment when you were a kid??

4th grade our teacher had us bring in a lost tooth, and placed it in a cup of soda.. after a few days all that was left was the filling.. the soda ate the tooth, so no big surprise the damage it can do to soft tissue..

If teeth can survive burning in a freakin fire, how the heck does soaking in cola kill them?

Also, the study is done in India? Something bout a 3rd world country's science department that makes me doubtful about what they find.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hello6 said:
Knew the tooth dissolving in coke was crap

If teeth can survive burning in a freakin fire, how the heck does soaking in cola kill them?

Also, the study is done in India? Something bout a 3rd world country's science department that makes me doubtful about what they find.

All I can say is do the experiment yourself.. you don't HAVE to use a tooth with a filling in it.. but the filling was proof that someone didn't just remove the tooth.. and I didn't say it was MY tooth, the teacher chose a tooth with a filling in it to verify the experiment ..

Yeah and it's amazing ain't it.. a tooth can survive a FIRE put not a pepsi...

I had some AWESOME teachers when I grew up.. the following year teach taught us how to develop our own photographs in a dark room, all the way form processing the negatives, to doing the pictures on photo paper.

Agee

itsbob said:
I had some AWESOME teachers when I grew up.. the following year teach taught us how to develop our own photographs in a dark room, all the way form processing the negatives, to doing the pictures on photo paper.
And I thought I had some awesome teachers...

We did the baking soda and vinegar volcano! :biggrin:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:

Lets see it was the 5th Grade, her name was Ms Wagoner, and we as Fifth graders developed our own pictures, and printed our own year book.. I still have it somewhere.. She had a profound effect on my life, and believe it or not was a DOD teacher in Germany, our school was on one floor of a building and the other floors were filled with Army units...