Ladies..Need Wedding Advice

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Ok, here is my dilema. Its time to order my gown. I have gone to all the bridal stores in the area and they all charge about 800.00 for my gown. Now I have been cruising the net and found some distributors that say they can get the same thing for 503.00. Heres the catch, if I order it through the web, there are no refunds, exchanges unless there is something wrong with the dress. It can take 4 months to get the dress, and even if it comes in fine, none of the bridal stores will do alterations or steam it if I don't go through them. So I would have to find someone else. Now the bridal stores won't give money back either but if they order it wrong they make it right. I am not sure what to do. Is the 300.00 worth the piece of mind? Tell me what you think.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Could always have a nudist ceremony and save the money for the dress, tux etc.

:lol: :wink:

K

Kain99

Or... You could RENT your gown... thers a store in Waldorf by the old K-Mart. 100.00 200.00 bucks

Don't say it! There's a place for realism.

The Unromantic!

SxyPrincess

Do NOT order your wedding dress online. Sure, you may save a few bucks but it may end up costing you more in the long run. This is your special day and you should have a safe sense of security. :biggrin:

FIREMAN

There's just somethings that you don't order off line. If it were me, I would just bit the 300 dollars and be happy that you got exactly what you wanted.

can you really put a price on happiness?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I think you guys are right. I would feel better getting the dress in the store. I just have to find a store I really like. I liked Marlenes Bridal in Dunkirk but its really far to travel for fittings. I don't care for the one here in town. They are snooty and wouldn't even tell me who designed the dress b/c they thought I would take my business elsewhere. Well if I do its not b/c of that. They are also more expensive than anyone else I went to also. Well thanks for your advice.

dolphin

You can try Beautiful Bride in Waldorf I didn't get my dress from there but they were really nice to me. I just got married in September.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spend the bucks. I hope it is the ONLY time you get married. If you have to have any serious alterations, a good seamstress could cost you $300.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Well....I found the dress online and took it to the bridal shop that I want to go through...and they said they could order the dress. Since it was a well known designer. (alfred angelo)

JUST REMEMBER: Order one size bigger no matter what. Its better to take in then let out.

Why not print out the picture...and see if they will. And negotiate with them. Also write the designer or whatever...and see what they have to say. Sometimes they can call and work a deal with the shop. the rep I spoke to from the website, did put a call in and got the delievery and order fee waived for me. :smile: My dress is going to cost 700.