God's Word Is Not Negotiable! 2 parts

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
This devotional is absolutely true. I had to rethink leaving SOMD because of it. My ministry is to unbelievers.

This is fairly long (SOMD restrictions forced breaking it into two parts) but worth the time to read.

This posted with permission of Bill Keller, liveprayer.com .
Part 1:
If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe. www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL TUESDAY DECEMBER 7, 2004
(John 10:26, Matthew 24:11, Mark 13:22, 2 Corinthians 6:14, 2 Thessalonians 3:2)

***DON'T MISS THE DAILY DEVOTIONAL TOMORROW! I will be doing a very special Devotional that will include a blessing for you to prosper in your finances so that you can be a blessing to people worldwide. It is a powerful word that will make a dramatic impact on your finances!

***LIVEPRAYER CHRISTMAS COOKIE CONTEST! Every Christmas, many people are so kind to send me recipes and different baked goods around Christmas, mostly cookies. So this year, I decided to start a new tradition here at Liveprayer and have a Christmas Cookie Contest. The rules are simple. The cookies must be home made, you must send a minimum of 3, and they need to arrive by 12/24. I have appointed myself as the judge and my decision will be final. I will put the name of the winner and the recipe in the Daily Devotional the first 7 days of 2005. You can send your delicious cookies and recipe to: Liveprayer, 6660 46th Ave North, St. Petersburg, FL 33709 Attn: Cookie Contest.

"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14 NIV)

The truth of God's Word is not negotiable. When you buy a house or car, you negotiate the price. In most business transactions, there are negotiations involving the details of the deal. In a marriage, you negotiate with your spouse about who takes out the garbage, who walks the dog, who has to get up in the middle of the night to change the diapers, as well as other day to day issues couples face. Negotiation is what two parties who are at odds with each other do to help them come together in agreement. It is actually a gift to be a great negotiator and is something we all have to do throughout the course of our lives. However, the one thing that is NOT NEGOTIABLE is the truth of God's Word!

One of the great lies from satan is that you can negotiate the truth of God's Word. The reason this is a lie is because the Bible is black and white, there is no gray. It represents Absolute Truth. Truth is not something for each person to decide for themselves, it has already been given to us in God's Word. That is why those who choose to live in rebellion to God and His Word, reject the truth of the Bible since it is the very truth that condemns their choice. One of the biggest traps I see Christians fall into, is compromising the truth of God's Word, trying to negotiate what parts of the Bible they like and what parts they don't. GOD'S WORD IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!

A few weeks ago, there was a great example of what I am sharing with you today. Back on November 14th, an "Evening of Friendship," was held at the Salt Lake City Tabernacle. This was an event co-sponsored by "Standing Together Ministries" and the Richard L. Evans Chair for Religious Understanding at Brigham Young University. "Standing Together" was formed in 2001 by an evangelical minister Greg Johnson to build stronger unity between the evangelical churches in Utah and the Mormon cult. Johnson is a radical ecumenist with a vision for uniting Christians for greater spiritual impact. This is a noble cause but the problem with Johnson's goal for Christian unity is that a Mormon is no more a Christian than a Muslim is!!! Anyone who studies Mormon theology will quickly understand that the god and jesus of the Mormon cult is NOT the God and Jesus of the Bible. This is because the Bible is not their final authority, the writings of that lunatic, pedophile Joseph Smith are!

This is the same problem with all of the ecumenical movements designed to bring people of the false religions of the world together as one. To be one with those who deny the Bible, you have to compromise the truth of God's Word and accept the teachings of these false religions. I am sorry my friend, but there is only ONE TRUTH and on that fact there can be NO COMPROMISE! This is not a new problem. It is something we read about almost since the beginning of man in the early chapters of Genesis at the Tower of Babel, throughout the Old Testament, in the Gospels where Jesus warned about the false religions, and throughout the New Testament in Paul's writings about false teachers and theology.

When man sinned, his connection to God was broken by that sin. There was a hole left in man that only God could fill. Each man has to make the choice to accept or reject God in his life. For those who reject God, that hole remains and in an effort to fill it, rebellious man dreamed up in his imagination the false religions of the world. THE CHRISTIAN FAITH IS TRACED BACK TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN AND CAME DIRECTLY FROM GOD OUR CREATOR. THE FALSE RELIGIONS OF THE WORLD COME FROM THE HEARTS OF MEN WHO CHOSE TO LIVE IN REBELLION TO GOD.

Johnson put together this event at the Salt Lake City Tabernacle that included himself, Richard Mouw, President of Fuller Seminary, Contemporary Christian Musician Michael Card, and the featured speaker, Christian Apologist Ravi Zacharias. Mouw preceded Zacharias and amazingly apologized, yes apologized to the Mormon crowd of roughly 7,000 stating, "...we evangelicals have sinned against you. ... we have demonized you...." Since when was exposing the false gospel of the Mormon cult a sin, that is exactly what we are supposed to do! Also, the last I checked, those who lead people's souls into everlasting damnation ARE DEMONIC!

Zacharias then spoke. I have to say up front that I have known and followed Ravi's ministry for many, many years. I met him once years ago when I spoke at a function at Moody Church in Chicago. He has been a solid apologist for the Christian Faith and has done great works for the Kingdom. But why a seasoned man of God like Ravi would allow himself to be used as a pawn by the Mormon cult I can't explain. I can only imagine he saw this as an opportunity to share the real truth with an audience that has bought into the lies of the Mormon cult. Sadly, he squandered this great opportunity and gave a very watered down message on Jesus, a message those who buy into the false theology of Mormonism had no problem with even though the jesus in their mind is NOT the Jesus in the Bible or the Jesus Ravi was speaking about that night.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Part 2:
Let me tell you something my friend, there is only ONE REASON a man of God should ever speak in such a place, at such an event. That is to stand up and pronounce there is only ONE JESUS and that is the Jesus of the Bible. There should have been a clear presentation explaining exactly why Mormon theology is flawed, why they have been deceived, a clear picture of why the god and jesus of Smith is NOT the God and Jesus of the Bible. The contrast between the false beliefs of the Mormon cult and Christianity are startling. It was an opportunity to share the one true Gospel with 7,000 people heading to hell because they have believed a lie. At the end, there should have been an altar call for people to come forward and renounce their belief in the Mormon cult, and give their hearts to the Jesus of the Bible who died for their sins on Calvary's cross.

***In the Book of Acts, Paul did not preach on Mars Hill and compromise the Gospel. He often preached the truth of God's Word to a hostile crowd and was beaten and put into jail. Stephen paid the ultimate price for preaching the Gospel as he was stoned to death for telling people Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life and nobody comes to the Father except through Him!!!

The Mormons knew Ravi was NEVER going to challenge their false beliefs or they never would have asked him into their building to speak. They were not there to listen to the truth of God's Word. They were not there to understand why they are in error. They were not there with an open heart to let the Holy Spirit bring them under conviction. This was nothing more than an attempt to gain validity and acceptance by Christians, further advancing their lies and deception of being "just another Christian church." One reason why I take time once a year to expose this cult for who they really are, is because they are by far the most well financed, well positioned, and dangerous cult there is, that is deceiving people with their lies and false theology and leading them into eternal darkness. Mouw, Card, and Zacharias were used and exploited by this cult to advance their work for satan.

I love you and care about you so much. Satan knows that his days are numbered and his goal is to bring as many into the Lake of Fire with him as possible, using every type of trick he can. Leading people to hell through the false religions is one of his oldest tricks. What makes the Mormon cult more dangerous than other cults like Scientology is that they try to pass themselves off as Christians. They use the Bible, they talk of God and faith in Jesus, but when you study their theology you quickly realize they are NOT Christians and the god and jesus they speak of are NOT the God and Jesus of the Bible.

The real issue today however, is not so much the Mormon cult as it is the fact that the truth of God's Word is not negotiable. The truth of God's Word is not up for debate. I would fly to Salt Lake City in a moment's notice to speak to a group of Mormons. I would go any place God called me to preach to those who don't know Christ as their Savior. That is what God has called me to do with my life. But I would never go or speak to any group without sharing with them the uncompromised truth of God's Word and the fact there is only one way to Heaven and that is through faith in Jesus Christ.

One of the problems most pastors of churches and those who operate Christian ministries have is speaking to the lost. They have preached to the choir for so long, they really have no clue, or no desire in many cases, to speak to a hostile audience. When an evangelist holds a big crusade, what is the first thing that happens? They contact all the local churches and fill the place they meet at with a friendly crowd of Christians. One of the reasons I virtually quit preaching in churches was that after 3 years of ministering 360 days a year in churches all over the country, as an evangelist, I realized the church was the last place I needed to be preaching.

I would challenge ALL pastors, ministers, those who head up ministries to at least once a month get out and preach in the street somewhere around a bunch of bars and nightclubs, or go find a group of drug addicts, homosexuals, or others who are lost in a life of sin to preach to. There will be no amens, there will be no collection at the end, nobody will want your books and tapes, but you will plant some seeds in the hearts and lives of those who need to hear about Jesus the most! It is easy to stand in the pulpit of a great church and tell a friendly crowd of people who love the Lord about Jesus. The real test comes when you are talking to the lady in the check-out line at the grocery store who is cursing God for her son's disease, who doesn't want to hear about Jesus, and sharing with her that Jesus is her only hope and answer!

I will be praying for you today. Praying that you will remember God has called ALL of His children to share the truth of His Word with the lost and hurting in this world. There is nothing wrong with going to preach to a group of Mormons, a group of Muslims, a group of people who choose to support a woman's choice to kill her baby, a group of people who want to see those of the same sex marry, these are the very people we SHOULD be preaching to. But we speak to these people for only one reason, and that is to share with them the truth of God's Word. The truth of God's Word is something that we can never compromise, it is not up for debate, and it is NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!

In his love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each day. Simply go to http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

(C)opyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

K

Kain99

But we speak to these people for only one reason, and that is to share with them the truth of God's Word. The truth of God's Word is something that we can never compromise, it is not up for debate, and it is NOT NEGOTIABLE!!!
I hope that you know.... Your faith has changed me. You are making a difference 2A. :flowers:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
I hope that you know.... Your faith has changed me. You are making a difference 2A. :flowers:
Thanks, but I cannot take the credit. Any change is because you opened your life to the Holy Spirit.