Paper Angels

D

dems4me

Anyone here this song yet? I like it... if ya' hear it, can y'all let me know who sings this please? thanks! :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This it?
Paper Angels Lyrics by Jimmy Wayne
After every day-after-Thanksgiving sale the malls just ain't complete
Without a bunch of decorations and a paper angel tree
There's artificial smiles on artificial tree limbs
Saying what she'd love to have and what to buy for him
Well i hope Maggie likes her new winter clothes and her buggy with a baby doll
And maybe Tom'll smile with his new nike shoes when he shoots that basketball
I can't help but wishing that i could do more

[Chorus:]Paper angels you're in my thoughts and prayers
No matter where you are right now remember God's right there
He's asking all of us to help take care
Of his paper angels everywhere

Going through the mail almost every afternoon i see a Mom and Dad's Worst dream
There on the back of a money-saving ad to get my carpet cleaned
Height, weight, hair, eyes, date missing, and DOBA child's name, a picture, and the words 'have you seen me?'

His documented bruises fill a folder file
She's a second grade self-portrait drawn without a smile
And every town is littered with this kind of debris
We've got to stop this madness and it's up to you and me

Paper angels everywhere
:confused:

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
:yeahthat: how'd you do that!!! I thought I had you out looking up gravant for me :confused: Have you heard the song :shrug:
I heard it last week in one of the bars. I didn't know who sang it until I just looked it up. I am the search QUEEN. :diva:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
I heard it last week in one of the bars. I didn't know who sang it until I just looked it up. I am the search QUEEN. :diva:

I guess it's a tear jerkn' song... goes good with beer in a bar.... :lol: So its you that has a thing for bars and hotels :shrug: From the sounds of it... you have them all mapped out on 235 :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I guess it's a tear jerkn' song... goes good with beer in a bar.... :lol: So its you that has a thing for bars and hotels :shrug: From the sounds of it... you have them all mapped out on 235 :shrug:
No, I play darts and darts are played in BARS. I know most of the bars in St. Mary's County and lower Calvert either from my misspent youth and/or darts. :wink:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
No, I play darts and darts are played in BARS. I know most of the bars in St. Mary's County and lower Calvert either from my misspent youth and/or darts. :wink:

aha... why could I have not guessed you throw darts for fun :killingme:

are you on the dart leagues/tournies or anything :shrug:

K

Kain99

The first time I heard this song I tossed my cell and pulled over the car. Very powerful! I love Jimmy Wayne!

It's a wonderful Christmas wish song....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
aha... why could I have not guessed you throw darts for fun :killingme:
:biggrin: It's all related, isn't it? :lmao:

are you on the dart leagues/tournies or anything :shrug:
Yes, two dart leagues. Team captain and Vice President in the one league and former officer of the other. Played tourneys for years and had to give it up to finish school. Anything else you want/need to know? :razz:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
:biggrin: It's all related, isn't it? :lmao:

Yes, two dart leagues. Team captain and Vice President in the one league and former officer of the other. Played tourneys for years and had to give it up to finish school. Anything else you want/need to know? :razz:

:bullseye!!:

I too am good at this... do I smell a challenge :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
:bullseye!!:

I too am good at this... do I smell a challenge :shrug:
I've seen Jazz toss darts. You putting money on this, if so I will take some of that action and my money will be on Jazz.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Ken King said:
I've seen Jazz toss darts. You putting money on this, if so I will take some of that action and my money will be on Jazz.
:diva: :diva: :diva:

Still want to bet, dems? :really:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
:diva: :diva: :diva:

Still want to bet, dems? :really:

Sure... I have very good eye hand coordination... Havn't thrown in about 5 years -- about 10 on a regular basis.... I'm just not good at the math stuff... and may be a little rusty.... but it sounds like fun....How much $ or what do you want to wager :shrug: I'll make sure to donate my money I win to the DNC on behalf of you... :roflmao:

Can I pick the place? Do you have an extra (nice) set -- I have no idea where mine are... :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
Sure... I have very good eye hand coordination... Havn't thrown in about 5 years -- about 10 on a regular basis.... I'm just not good at the math stuff... and may be a little rusty.... but it sounds like fun....How much $ or what do you want to wager :shrug: I'll make sure to donate my money I win to the DNC on behalf of you... :roflmao:
And likewise the RNC is going to LOVE your donation. :razz:

Can I pick the place? Do you have an extra (nice) set -- I have no idea where mine are... :shrug:
No, you can't pick the place...this is MY turf. :lmao: Do I have an extra set of darts? :killingme Honey, I probably have around 200+ sets of darts. :wink: Hubby and I have a dart supplies business.

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
And likewise the RNC is going to LOVE your donation. :razz:

No, you can't pick the place...this is MY turf. :lmao:

OK it's a deal lady -- does this mean we are playing at your house :shrug: Thank for the darts... now I can blame both the darts and the home field advantage if you win.... do you shoot pool too per chance :shrug:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Post the time and place please. This I have to see and I'll put some money down on the Jazz, how much do you want to cover Dems?

D

dems4me

Ken King said:
Post the time and place please. This I have to see and I'll put some money down on the Jazz, how much do you want to cover Dems?

:frown: no one wants to cover my bet :shrug: :killingme: I think this would be fun.... best 6 out of 10 or how do y'all do this Jazz :shrug: I don't want to travel all that way down to where you live for one or two games and then have to travel all the way back :shrug: I think it would take about an hour to get to where you are at and an hour back :shrug:

J

justhangn

Ken King said:

Depending on the day and time, I'll make the trip, I can use the cash. :biggrin:

D

dems4me

justhangn said:
Depending on the day and time, I'll make the trip, I can use the cash. :biggrin:

OK.... I'm convinced now... there is no dart game involved... its a set up forum lynching of one dems4me... :frown:

:lol: JH you should save your money and challenge me a pool game - 3 out 5 :yay:

:roflmao:

Ken King

PREMO Member
You still didn't say how much you would be willing to cover ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100, paycheck...).

Jazz, I would like to recommend that you pick some place in the north like Hill's Club so she won't have travelling to cry about. I am sure you could care less about the game from what I remember of your talent, so let her pick (301, Cricket, maybe a set of each). Dems a set is the best 2 out of 3. I'll even volunteer to keep score.