Is kindness weakness?

K

Kain99

Ya know... Sometimes it gets really hard to be kind. What does that mean? Ya just get smacked in the chops over and over again by those who have never even seen the light! Right now, I'm angry but there are inherent truths that I know and cling to.

Kindness is love in action. It's that accepting smile when you know you've screwed up. It's that gentle word of encouragement when you feel most unlovable.

It's the embrace when you deserve rejection. It's the gentle eyes that see beneath the ugly surface of your anger to the hurt deep within. It's the loving word of truth when you've lost your way. Kindness seeks to mend what is broken, heal what is hurt, and bridge the chasm of hatred.

"Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you." Be kind.

So..... No matter what happens, you will not break me. I am, who I am.

K

Kizzy

Yes, kindness is a weakness

I use to believe in the "turn the other cheek" "pick yourself up, even when other put you down" "treat others and you wish to be treated" and all the other :blahblah: :bs: But any reasonable person can only handle so much, then your kindness just breaks. You stand there thinking you only had the best intentions, but of course most people only want to remember those "bad" things that happen, never the good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bitter.

I don't believe kindness is a weakness - I believe that unkindness is a weakness. It's real easy to be short-tempered and unpleasant, but much harder to go out of your way for someone else.

I have no problem being kind to people, even if they don't appreciate it or reciprocate, because I'm not kind to them for them - I'm kind to them for me. But I think we discussed that before.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Bitter.

I don't believe kindness is a weakness - I believe that unkindness is a weakness. It's real easy to be short-tempered and unpleasant, but much harder to go out of your way for someone else.

I have no problem being kind to people, even if they don't appreciate it or reciprocate, because I'm not kind to them for them - I'm kind to them for me. But I think we discussed that before.
:yeahthat: Kindness is done by and for the person being kind. The recipient of the act is just lucky.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ken King said:
:yeahthat: Kindness is done by and for the person being kind. The recipient of the act is just lucky.

Some lucky person will be the recipient of my selfish kindness this christmas. :neener:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Yes, kindness is weakness.

I was taught to turn the other cheek as well. To "be like the willow that bends in the breeze", to "attract more bees with honey". All it got me was stabbed in the back, passed over, and left standing there looking like the fool that I was.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Kizzy said:
I use to believe in the "turn the other cheek" "pick yourself up, even when other put you down" "treat others and you wish to be treated" and all the other :blahblah: :bs:
As I see it, that's not kindness. That's simply niceness, the type of attitude and behavior that leaves you vulnerable to other people. I define kindness as actively helping others who need help.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
elaine said:
I've done that, too. It bit me in the arse.
That's happened to me, too. But I see that as different from niceness, because with kindness you're not as vulnerable to people. You're simply offering them a gift of time and/or labor, because you feel good when you help them. I see niceness as simply trying to please people.

J

justhangn

Kindness is self serving..........

noun: the quality of being warm-hearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic

Don't be "kind" and expect the other person to do anything but take what you are offering.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
justhangn said:
noun: the quality of being warm-hearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic

There it is in a nutshell. All the qualities that people like to take advantage of, instead of appreciating.