Better Late Than Never

D

dems4me

As a reminder -- Christmas Tree's and cats and kittens don't mix :bawl: I just received this email from a dear friend of mine whom I had placed a kitten in her care several years ago....:bawl: She was always giving me updates of her kitten, and then cat, etc... it was the family's first time owning a pet, etc.... every month she'd send pictures to me of their pride and joy, and this morning I come into work and read the following email :bawl: :bawl:
Chaos was electrocuted on last Wednesday. He was laying in the Christmas tree, batting at the lights and bulbs and bit into a light strand. When he was found he was whimpering and we rushed him to the vet who said that his mouth was severely burned on the inside and he was just suffering. They said his mind told him to stop biting but the shock wouldn't allow him to move.......He was bleeding from his nose and mouth.

I had to have him euthanized. [Dems], that was the hardest thing ever.....but he was crying and wimpering. He made me a cat lover and he will be greatly missed. The kids are very sad......they keep remembering funny things he did. Thank you for allowing us to adopt him......we haven't been able to cut the tree on and light it since. We miss our busy cat.

I'm hurt, I just don't know if I can handle one more tragedy this Christmas... but eitherway I thought I'd share so folks can be extra careful to watch their kitty's around their trees. :bawl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
dems4me said:
As a reminder -- Christmas Tree's and cats and kittens don't mix :bawl: I just received this email from a dear friend of mine whom I had placed a kitten in her care several years ago....:bawl: She was always giving me updates of her kitten, and then cat, etc... it was the family's first time owning a pet, etc.... every month she'd send pictures to me of their pride and joy, and this morning I come into work and read the following email :bawl: :bawl:
Chaos was electrocuted on last Wednesday. He was laying in the Christmas tree, batting at the lights and bulbs and bit into a light strand. When he was found he was whimpering and we rushed him to the vet who said that his mouth was severely burned on the inside and he was just suffering. They said his mind told him to stop biting but the shock wouldn't allow him to move.......He was bleeding from his nose and mouth.

I had to have him euthanized. [Dems], that was the hardest thing ever.....but he was crying and wimpering. He made me a cat lover and he will be greatly missed. The kids are very sad......they keep remembering funny things he did. Thank you for allowing us to adopt him......we haven't been able to cut the tree on and light it since. We miss our busy cat.

I'm hurt, I just don't know if I can handle one more tragedy this Christmas... but eitherway I thought I'd share so folks can be extra careful to watch their kitty's around their trees. :bawl:

AWWW HOW SAD..............

D

dems4me

After discussing this with a few friends, they said that the cat should not have been put to sleep and would have been fine and the burns in the mouth and nose would have healed up.... :frown: Is this correct??? :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
After discussing this with a few friends, they said that the cat should not have been put to sleep and would have been fine and the burns in the mouth and nose would have healed up.... :frown: Is this correct??? :frown:
I think I would trust a vet before any of my friends inexperienced in the impact of electrocution that might not know what is the best thing to do. After all, he had a chance to check the animal over before making a recommendation.

J

justhangn

Ken King said:
I think I would trust a vet before any of my friends inexperienced in the impact of electrocution that might not know what is the best thing to do. After all, he had a chance to check the animal over before making a recommendation.

:yeahthat: Plus, it's a cat, there isn't a shortage.........:lol:

I can't stop thinking of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, the scene with the cat and the Christmas lights under the chair. :killingme :killingme

Last edited by a moderator: