This isn't really a "medical" issue...

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
but I didn't know where else to post it. I quit smoking about a month ago and for the past few days have been coughing my head off. I expected it, but does anyone have any idea how long it lasts? My "coughing muscles" are killing me! :twitch:

And lung barnacles are NASTY!!!

J

justhangn

pvineswinger said:
About 10 years worth... :ohwell:

They say the lungs clear up rather quickly once the cilia start moving the crud out.......

You should call and ask your family doctor though.

You may also read up on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
justhangn said:
They say the lungs clear up rather quickly once the cilia start moving the crud out.......

You should call and ask your family doctor though.

You may also read up on the subject.
Thanks.

Bogart

pvineswinger said:
but I didn't know where else to post it. I quit smoking about a month ago and for the past few days have been coughing my head off. I expected it, but does anyone have any idea how long it lasts? My "coughing muscles" are killing me! :twitch:

Also consider that you may have acquired an unrelated illness. I quit smoking and am coughing but I don't think the two are related.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Bogart said:
Also consider that you may have acquired an unrelated illness. I quit smoking and am coughing but I don't think the two are related.
Yeah I just got over the flu (I think.) I had a fever of 101 for about 3 days- and it just went down yesterday.
But there is gray crap coming up (sorry if it's gross) when I cough- so I think it may be related to both.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
pvineswinger said:
Yeah I just got over the flu (I think.) I had a fever of 101 for about 3 days- and it just went down yesterday.
But there is gray crap coming up (sorry if it's gross) when I cough- so I think it may be related to both.
Actually my boss just sent me home for coughing too much.
Oh well, I can work from home and hang out with my puppies now. :howdy:

Beener

pvineswinger said:

But there is gray crap coming up

I am disgusted.

pvineswinger said:
Actually my boss just sent me home for coughing too much.

I guess you're one of those nasty bastards who hacks at work and makes the rest of us :barf:.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Beener said:
I am disgusted.

So don't read my posts. I DID apologize, though.
Beener said:
I guess you're one of those nasty bastards who hacks at work and makes the rest of us :barf:.

I have my own office...and I'm more of a ##### than a bastard but thanks for hanging out in my thread for a little while. :cheers:

J

justhangn

Beener said:

:gossip: I think it's a B!tch, not a bastard

J

justhangn

pvineswinger said:
I have my own office...and I'm more of a ##### than a bastard but thanks for hanging out in my thread for a little while. :cheers:

:killingme :killingme

I hope you feel better for the weekend!

Beener

pvineswinger said:
I'm MUCH better looking than a bastard like yourself, so no it's not "same difference."

You may look good, but you sound disgusting and are hacking up gray phlegm. Not my idea of attractive.

J

justhangn

Beener said:
You may look good, but you sound disgusting and are hacking up gray phlegm. Not my idea of attractive.

Dude, she didn't say she spit it out..........you could be really messing up a beautiful thing.

:killingme :killingme