Biblical dilemma

K

Kain99

Recent events in my life, have led me into a strong inner battle. Grew up in the Church and I have always had a strong belief system. My Faith is not shaken... but my belief system is.

Raised Southern Baptist we grew up knowing the difference between good and evil. There was no gray line. All black and white. Things were good or they were evil. As an adult, I am Penecostal.

To get to the point. As I was taught, Psychic ability and usage "Is Evil."

Now I've been reading the Bible and I am so confused! Aren't psychic visions the same as prophecy?

How are we to know, if the messages are from God or the Devil?

Is it really that clear in the Bible or is this another area where the book contradicts itself.

When John wrote Revelations his message definitely wasn't happy... He saw the future. The entire OT tells of the messiah.

My impression is that almost the entire book is nothing but psychic predictions.

So how can it be evil?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
Recent events in my life, have led me into a strong inner battle. Grew up in the Church and I have always had a strong belief system. My Faith is not shaken... but my belief system is.

Raised Southern Baptist we grew up knowing the difference between good and evil. There was no gray line. All black and white. Things were good or they were evil. As an adult, I am Penecostal.

To get to the point. As I was taught, Psychic ability and usage "Is Evil."

Now I've been reading the Bible and I am so confused! Aren't psychic visions the same as prophecy?

How are we to know, if the messages are from God or the Devil?

Is it really that clear in the Bible or is this another area where the book contradicts itself.

When John wrote Revelations his message definitely wasn't happy... He saw the future. The entire OT tells of the messiah.

My impression is that almost the entire book is nothing but psychic predictions.

So how can it be evil?
It should be easy to solve your delima.

A prophet proclaims the word of God. There is NOTHING in it for himself. A prophet of God does not charge for the prophesies and they don't come on demand. Remember the penalty for being a false prophet of God? The false prophet was to be stoned to death or thrown off a cliff.

Ask your local psychic if they will give you a reading for free and if they are EVER wrong are they willing to be killed.

Spoiled

2ndAmendment said:

A prophet proclaims the word of God. There is NOTHING in it for himself. A prophet of God does not charge for the prophesies and they don't come on demand. Remember the penalty for being a false prophet of God? The false prophet was to be stoned to death or thrown off a cliff.

Ask your local psychic if they will give you a reading for free and if they are EVER wrong are they willing to be killed.
I have enver been to one, but i am assuming they, just like on TV have a disclaimer somewhere saying "for entertainment purposes only"

K

Kain99

I'm not really talking about "that kind of psychic"

I'm talking about the kind who find missing children and work for the police.

I'm talking about knowing that your neice has had an accident before the call comes, knowing that a family member has fallen down the stairs and can't get to a phone, knowing that someone is evil at first glance and then seeing his picture in the paper for rape.

Stuff like that. Does that make you evil? Consorting with the devil? I already know what my grandma will say. Hoping for a little levity.

K

Kain99

2ndAmendment said:

P.S. This is the stuff I am really worried about. We left PRAG because Leroy felt the prophets were false.

I'm never right 100% of the time. Never.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:

I'm talking about knowing that your neice has had an accident before the call comes, knowing that a family member has fallen down the stairs and can't get to a phone, knowing that someone is evil at first glance and then seeing his picture in the paper for rape.

Stuff like that. Does that make you evil? Consorting with the devi? I already know what my grandma will say. Hoping for a little levity.
Is the knowledge being used for evil? Is there profit in it for the person? Where does the person claim to get the ability to "see"? Do they give credit to God, other spirits, or themselves. The answers to these questions will give you an individual answer for each encounter. Someone who gets their power from God will not charge and will give all the credit and glory to God. Otherwise, their power is not from God. Remember satan is a deceiver. He will do a little "good" in order to get a foothold in your life and then look out.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
P.S. This is the stuff I am really worried about. We left PRAG because Leroy felt the prophets were false.

I'm never right 100% of the time. Never.
Were they ever wrong?

You are "never right 100% of the time"? Explain please.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

2ndAmendment said:
Were they ever wrong?

You are "never right 100% of the time"? Explain please.
Just stupid stuff. This afternoon I was cleaning out my closet and I had this overwhelming feeling of dread. Then I knew that my grandmother was hurt at the bottom of her stairs. I don't know how I knew. I called my aunt who ran next door and there she was.... broken hip fell down the stairs. This stuff has happened a couple of times this past year. Its starting to scare me.

Haven't been to Church in forever and I am afraid this is'nt good but then I think I saved grandma.... I don't know what to do.

Part of me says, I should polish the gift and use it and the other part says you're going to Hell Deb...

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
Just stupid stuff. This afternoon I was cleaning out my closet and I had this overwhelming feeling of dread. Then I knew that my grandmother was hurt at the bottom of her stairs. I don't know how I knew. I called my aunt who ran next door and there she was.... broken hip fell down the stairs. This stuff has happened a couple of times this past year. Its starting to scare me.

Haven't been to Church in forever and I am afraid this is'nt good but then I think I saved grandma.... I don't know what to do.

Part of me says, I should polish the gift and use it and the other part says you're going to Hell Deb...
God gives us insights to help all the time. We just need to give Him the glory. You are halfway there. You are questioning where it came from. Just praise Him that He gave you the insight to know your grandmother needed help. When you give God the glory, you can't go wrong.

Kain99 said:

Stuff like that. Does that make you evil? Consorting with the devil? I already know what my grandma will say. Hoping for a little levity.

If they're doing work that somehow proves to be legitimate, then how could it possibly be considered evil?
If we have "premonitions" that have led to good, could they not be a form of "divine premonition"?
But palm readers and so-called "psychics" who are just out there predicting things: I'm not so sure they are demonic in nature, but they are certainly not of a God-like nature.
And then ask yourself, where were these so-called "psychics" before 9/11 or before the Tsunami? Why did NO ONE predict those specific events?

Biblical prophets were most definitely of a different nature than the psychics of today...

Kain99 said:

It sounds to me as though your inner dialogue is actually God telling you that you can use the ability for good.
The other voice sounds like that of the enemy.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I make no secret that God has given me the gift of prophesy. I can't turn it on or off. It just happens. But that is definitely different than premonition which is what your experience would be categorized as. Prophesy is when God gives you something to tell someone else. He gave me two this past year and a half. One for our church and one just for the leaders of our church.

The circumstances of the one that I was given for the church was really astonishing. I was given a word for the church. God always seems to wake me up in the middle of the night. I told our pastor and he asked me to write it down. I already had and handed it to him. He read it and said either he would have me give it or he would. I told him it was not about me; do as he pleased. His son, also a pastor, preached that morning. His message was EXACTLY what I had been given. His dad, our pastor, got up after the sermon and read the prophesy that I had been given. He then told the congregation that when God repeats Himself it is important. Neat stuff.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
I have heard this my whole life! Awesome!
It is strange. Believers read stuff like that and say awesome. Non-believers read it and say BS. Things of the Spirit are not understood by those not of the Spirit.

Anyway, I think you are OK with your premonition. Just thank God He gave it to you so your grandmother would be OK.

K

Kain99

justin anemone said:
It sounds to me as though your inner dialogue is actually God telling you that you can use the ability for good.
The other voice sounds like that of the enemy.
I know you are right.... My problem has been knowing which voice is which. BTW... I am so happy to see ya!

Kain99 said:
I know you are right.... My problem has been knowing which voice is which. BTW... I am so happy to see ya!

You too!!!
:smile:

Usually, the "good" voice is the one telling you can, you are good, or you are special.
The enemy voice gives anxiety, tells us we can't, we aren't, we aren't, and that we're "too sensitive".
:biggrin:

K

Kain99

justin anemone said:
You too!!!
:smile:

Usually, the "good" voice is the one telling you can, you are good, or you are special.
The enemy voice gives anxiety, tells us we can't, we aren't, we aren't, and that we're "too sensitive".
This is gonna sound crazy... but what's new with Kain? :lmao:

I have always known I had a mission.... something special I was supposed to accomplish. Maybe, this is it.

Kain99 said:
This is gonna sound crazy... but what's new with Kain? :lmao:

I have always known I had a mission.... something special I was supposed to accomplish. Maybe, this is it.

Yeah...me too.

But when I was told it was my mission, I set about to make it so.
Do the same!!!