Anyone interested in an on line Bible study?

Interested in a Bible study?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Since there is so much confusion over what the Bible actually says and what is meant, I would be willing to participate in a Bible study if there is interest.

We could study by books or by topic or do a book and then a topic.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
:howdy:

I should probably read it entirely first.:ohwell:
That is not the point, but if you start today and spend an hour a day, you should have it read in about 3 months. :yay:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
bump.

By the way, I have been asked not to hold the Bible study on this site. Fortunately there is a place we can have it.

Seven is a divine number, but there is room for all just as there is salvation for all who choose to accept God's gift.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I have been asked why I don't open a private forum to hold a Bible study. I don't need to. Sharon and I have had our own forum site for a couple of years. When the poll ends, I will post a link. I don't want to make it a private forum since the work of the Holy Spirit should be open for all. I will be able to control disrespect, but I have no intention of only presenting my view. The study will be open to express views, but I would like all views to be scripturally based. I hope that meets with those that are interested sensibilities.

SmallTown

Football season!
2ndAmendment said:
By the way, I have been asked not to hold the Bible study on this site. Fortunately there is a place we can have it.
So we can talk about all of Clinton's sexual escapades (in and out of the white house) blast people for being UnAmerican if we don't support Bush, give very graphic descriptions (including pics) of why abortion should be illegal, yet we can't hold a bible study on here. :confused:

K

Kain99

SmallTown said:
So we can talk about all of Clinton's sexual escapades (in and out of the white house) blast people for being UnAmerican if we don't support Bush, give very graphic descriptions (including pics) of why abortion should be illegal, yet we can't hold a bible study on here. :confused:
Think about the bandwidth that's gonna suck up!:lmao:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SmallTown said:
I was asked not to and I will respect the wishes of those that own this place.

K

Kain99

SmallTown said:
athiests :rolleyes:

Anyways. I voted yes. If it goes, let me know.
I hope we start with Genesis and do the entire thing! Is that the plan?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
I hope we start with Genesis and do the entire thing! Is that the plan?
We can. I am totally open to what book to start with and how to proceed. I had thought it would be good to start with Matthew and then do Genesis alternating between the New and Old Testaments. We will finish the New Testament first, but then I thought we could do topical studies as we finish the Old Testament.

I think a good study would be the prophetic books. A look of where we are prophetically in the history of mankind according to the Bible.

How does that sound?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
What if my interest is piqued, but I am so grossly undereducated IAW the Bible, I would have a lot of questions, therefore questioning my follow-through... Would you be open to beginners taking a "shot"?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
What if my interest is piqued, but I am so grossly undereducated IAW the Bible, I would have a lot of questions, therefore questioning my follow-through... Would you be open to beginners taking a "shot"?
Of course. Jesus didn't say suffer the over educated and the scribes and Pharisees to come to me. He called everyone who would listen. Same goes for us.

I have taught before and I think that the only question that is stupid is the one that was not asked. I hope everyone agrees.

K

Kain99

2ndAmendment said:
We can. I am totally open to what book to start with and how to proceed. I had thought it would be good to start with Matthew and then do Genesis alternating between the New and Old Testaments. We will finish the New Testament first, but then I thought we could do topical studies as we finish the Old Testament.

I think a good study would be the prophetic books. A look of where we are prophetically in the history of mankind according to the Bible.

How does that sound?
Sounds good... Just tell me what to do and where to go!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I want to wait until the poll closes in the hope that more may be interested. We have seen more people become interested. The more the better. Each person can add to the discussion and understanding. You may have a perspective that I do not. Some things may be meaningless to some and yet hold great meaning to others. We each are in a different place in our walk with God and our Spiritual maturity.

K

Kain99

Would it be ok for some of us to get a head start? I'm really excited about this. I wont comment on anything I read yet but If you're willing I'd like to know where to begin...

I know, I am so impatient! :ohwell: