It's happening again!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:mad:

Every time I ramp up my exercise routine, I gain weight. For the last week, I've been eating only healthy foods, no junk and probably reduced my calorie count by 600 a day or so, and have been running and doing a weight routine, not to mention my jumprope routine.

AND I GAINED 3 FRICKEN POUNDS!!!!! :banghead:

I can sit on my butt all day and eat Fritos and not gain that!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Somebody just shoot me!!! :dead:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
:mad:

Every time I ramp up my exercise routine, I gain weight. For the last week, I've been eating only healthy foods, no junk and probably reduced my calorie count by 600 a day or so, and have been running and doing a weight routine, not to mention my jumprope routine.

AND I GAINED 3 FRICKEN POUNDS!!!!! :banghead:

I can sit on my butt all day and eat Fritos and not gain that!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Somebody just shoot me!!! :dead:

Come on, Vrai, do you really need an answer? Or are you frustrated and venting?

As you start an exercise (yes, Elaine, I say EXORCISE too), the dynamics of your body shift.. Muscle weighs more than fat, blah, blah, blah... Electrolytes and water balance have to adjust... Your muscles and aerobic activity level need to work with your metabolism to "feel out" whether or not this activity is a "crisis" situation, or a long-term incorporation, therefore, telling your fat cells that it is okay to jump ship and so on...

What do you think? More importantly, don't lose hope. Trust me. :dance:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
virgovictoria said:
Come on, Vrai, do you really need an answer? Or are you frustrated and venting?

As you start an exercise (yes, Elaine, I say EXORCISE too), the dynamics of your body shift.. Muscle weighs more than fat, blah, blah, blah... Electrolytes and water balance have to adjust... Your muscles and aerobic activity level need to work with your metabolism to "feel out" whether or not this activity is a "crisis" situation, or a long-term incorporation, therefore, telling your fat cells that it is okay to jump ship and so on...

What do you think? More importantly, don't lose hope. Trust me. :dance:

:yeahthat: That's why I don't have scales in my house. It's all in the way your clothes fit, and how much cottage cheese ya' have on your back side.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
elaine said:
:yeahthat: That's why I don't have scales in my house. It's all in the way your clothes fit, and how much cottage cheese ya' have on your back side.

No scale here either... And I try to adhere to an Atkins for Life philosophy as well...

JabbaJawz

Be about it
That sucks. I've been doing really well and exercising 4x a week with husband and both of us are losing and seeing great results. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
What do you think?
Hell if I know! :shrug:

I'm committed to this routine for 4 weeks. If I don't see positive results by that time, I'm going back to laying around eating bonbons. Because if I gain 3 pounds a week over the next four weeks by running my butt off and eating whole wheat pasta with vegetables, that's a problem. :mad:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Atkins, baby.
Never again. I lost 20 pounds on Atkins, then ate a carrot and it all popped right back on.

I suck at diets. It seemed like exercise was the way to go, since I sit at a desk all day and every muscle I own is starting to atrophy. And I figured if I had a beer, that's 200 calories and it only takes an extra half hour on the treadmill to make up for it. But it doesn't seem to be working that way. :mad:

So I'm gaining weight BUT my calves rock and I can beat my daughter in arm wrestling again. So I guess that's something. :ohwell:

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
Hell if I know! :shrug:I'm committed to this routine for 4 weeks. If I don't see positive results by that time, I'm going back to laying around eating bonbons. Because if I gain 3 pounds a week over the next four weeks by running my butt off and eating whole wheat pasta with vegetables, that's a problem. :mad:
Lay off the pasta (yes even whole wheat). Keep up te exercise. VV was right. Your body needs time to adjust. Throw away the scales & go by how your clothes fit. Drink lots of water and just DON'T quit!!

Christy

b*tch rocket
I can ask my training lady tomorrow. There's supposed to be some magical combination of proteing to carbs depending on what your goal is. :shrug: I didn't pay much attention when she first told me, since I figured I'd do Atkins mostly, but she's proven to be right on everything else she's told me so I'll ask again. You're doing like me right? Slimming down and toning? :confused: