Daily Devotionals?

D

dems4me

I belong to a prayers group here at work and we are always emailed our Daily Devotionals -- didn't know if anyone is interested in reading it or not. Usually it's about 5 topics to reflect on but I'd run out of room so here's one of them. Let me know if anyone would be interested in reading any future Devotionals. :smile:

LOVE TO CHRISTIANS
"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other." John 13:34

Jesus told his disciples that as the Father had loved Him, even so He loved them. And now, following His example, we must love one another with the same love. "Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples" (John 13:35). He had prayed: "My prayer for all of them is that they will be one, just as you and I are one, Father — that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me" (John 17:21). If we exhibit the love that was in God towards Christ, and in Christ to us, the world will be obliged to confess that our Christianity is genuine.
This is what actually happened. The Greeks and Romans, Jews and heathen, hated each other. Between all the nations of the world there was hardly a thought of love. The very idea of self-sacrifice was a strange one. When unbelievers saw that Christians from different nations, under the powerful working of the Holy Spirit, loved one another even to the point of self-sacrifice in times of need — they were amazed. They said: "Behold how these people love one another!"
Often Christ's love is not evident among Christians. Ask God to enable you to love your fellow believers as Christ loves you.

Father, may I abide in Christ's love and let that love fill my heart.
As close as the bond of love is between You and Jesus, so close may my love be with all Your children. In Jesus' name, amen.