horse trainer

mingiz

Horse Poor
Does anyone know of any trainers in this area. I have a 2YO filly that will be ready to start in the spring. She is a spotted saddle horse. I have done all the ground work but I want her to be started under saddle properly after that I can take over. If I have to send her to a trainer I would perfer it to be close to home so I can keep up with her progress.

barncat

Sam Allen now runs Rossmat and she does a wonderful job breaking horses. I'm not sure what her number is at the moment, but you can stop by the farm and see her.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Not sure where you are, but Maggie (blanking on her new last name) at Infinity Farms in Callaway (run by the Fosters) is good, has all her training certifications. They just put up an indoor, she gives lessons, etc. Would be worth a call to see what her prices are.

mingiz

Horse Poor
trainer

Thanks everyone.....Appy I just need some one to start her under saddle. I have done her ground work and she has had the saddle on her and has done well at a WTC. I will refresh her when this weather let's me. She is gaited but I don't think it matters as far as what type of trainer. Just want to get her started then I can take over. She is pretty smart and picks up things quickly. She has the sweetest tempermant and not much bothers her. I raised her from birth and have done everything to descentitise her and ahe doesn't have a mean bone in her. I have the knowledge but not the agility. Just to old/broke up to hit the ground anymore if ya know what I mean. Also I'm a horse poor single working girl so my funds are limited. So any suggestion would be great! Yes I would like to meet you and your paso.Maybe I can come up your way soon to meet you. I'm down below the base so any time on a weekend is good. :peace:

mingiz

Horse Poor
trainer

Well THANK YOU Appy :yay: Maybe I should just have you do it If I can get her going like you start yours. I know I can go from there. What would you charge for a 30 day session? Or me to ship to you on a regular basis? I love starting them from ground up to 2 but I don't feel confident enough from there on. I can handle one with some training and I can even ride out a few bucks. But I have a messed up back from this hobby and I want to be able to ride a few more years. She has been lunged but I'm going to start ground driving her as soon as I can. I would like to hook her up to a cart also later on. Yea we need to meet Maybe you can teach me something!!!! Again Thanks!!! :getdown:

mingiz

Horse Poor
trainer

Yes I have seen your web site. Your a busy person. I don't show & never have. I like the woods. Well I don't consider myself a trainer this is my first attempt at this. But I have been in the horse world for a long time. I started on the base with a very green smart 3yo. He had me BS'd real quick but with the help of my friend and me watching alot. He sold 4yrs later as a lap dog. My last 3yo Pal. had 60 days under her and I had her 4yrs and she was really turning into a fine trail horse but due to a freak pasture accident I lost her a year ago. I have a 11 yo Pal mare now that has tried herself with me. But she is now getting over it. So I can help...lol Maybe we could help each other. My friend was going to do it for me cause she has the t-shirt but she has had medical problems and is still not her self and I don't want her to get hurt.( I know she would say different) Your up off of St. John's Rd ? I'm down below the John Deere dealer in Dameron. As far as helping with the colt it would probably not be good to bring him to my barn cause I have 3 girls. But let's get together some time. Maybe on a Sunday I could ride up. Mine if I bring my friend? She has a nice appy stud 3yo(?) :getdown:

barncat

If things don't work out with Appy I can help you. I broke some young horses for awhile and they all had the same ground work you have done. I'm game to do it again. It's been a year since I broke anything, but I was riding 2 year old TBs till October so I still know how to deal with the young ones. I normally take about 3 weeks of 5 days a week to get them doing walk/trot/canter in a ring and normally head right out to the fields with them in the company of a good pony for a few weeks.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yeap Appy that ground sure is hard and futher away, I can relate!! :lmao: Barncat why don't we get together you could come see her and decide if she needs more ground work etc. Then we could talk. I don't have a round pen (yet) but my friend does at her farm that I can use and it's in Great Mills.I'ts not the greatest but better than nothing. You can email me if you would like. Appy I still would like to come meet you some time. Maybe the 3 of us could get both trained at the same time. I'm an excellent helper.... :getdown:

barncat

How's your colt, real studdish or a puppy. Reason I ask is I've only broken one colt his yearling year and he was a puppy and since I don't have experience with breaking a studdish colt (I have handled them and ridden after being broke though) I don't know if I would be the right person.

barncat

Sounds good then. We will have to meet sometime and work out details. I really like starting the young ones, it's very rewarding to see them come along and turn out to be solid citizens.