A little help with gold foiling...

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Or is it leafing? I'm getting a bit confused. Anyway, I'm trying to gold leaf smooth plastic with a kit I got from Micheal's. But I keep seeing the brush lines in the adhesive, and in the foil after it's applied. Is there a secret to this?

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
renegadeslave said:
Or is it leafing? I'm getting a bit confused. Anyway, I'm trying to gold leaf smooth plastic with a kit I got from Micheal's. But I keep seeing the brush lines in the adhesive, and in the foil after it's applied. Is there a secret to this?
reading directions? :ohwell:

renegadeslave said:
Cut a stencil of what you want to leaf, place it in the appropriate position, and then use SPRAY adhesive instead of the brush on type. No brush marks.

renegadeslave said:
Surprisingly, I did try that after failing the first few times.
:loser:

Thanks, huntr. Can I get the spray at Wal-mart?
You can get it just about everywhere that sells glue. You can get it at auto parts places (it's used in headliner installation), Home Improvement stores and WalMart.