Anyone missing a Great Dane?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
This monster is enjoying his freedom and running around Hollywood Shores this morning. He must be 3 feet tall at the shoulder!

K

Kizzy

"Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I'm free at last"

"I feel good, do do do do, like I knew that I would, do do do do, I feel nice, like sugar and spice, so good, so nice"

Well, hopefully, he'll return home when he is tired and hungry :lol:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Kizzy said:
"Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I'm free at last"

"I feel good, do do do do, like I knew that I would, do do do do, I feel nice, like sugar and spice, so good, so nice"

You feeling ok?? :confused:

S

starr

I pet sit for 2 danes but neither are in that area. Such gentle giants they are. It's funny that most little dogs think they are big and big dogs like the ones I watch want to be lap dogs.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
starr said:
I pet sit for 2 danes but neither are in that area. Such gentle giants they are. It's funny that most little dogs think they are big and big dogs like the ones I watch want to be lap dogs.
I'm sure they ARE gentle, but in my case when I look at a dog (or most other critters), the law of tonnage applies - the bigger and heavier they are, the less likely I am to approach them. Especially when I know nothing about the particular critter in question - I've never seen this fellow around here before and I've lived here for 13 years.

S

starr

I understand your concern Railroad. Honestly I have never encountered a mean dane. Dogs just love me. A cookie is always a good thing if you need to get near him or lure him away.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
gr8dane said:
I would hate for this poor guy to get hit by a car.

Lori

:yeahthat: I would walk out and see if it's friendly........if he's aggressive, call animal control, if he's not, give him some food and water and see if you can find his owner.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
gr8dane said:
What color is he/she?

I would call the AC, I would hate for this poor guy to get hit by a car.

Lori
He's definitely a he. He's sort of a gray-beige color with dark brown nose and some brown in his tail. His tail hasn't been bobbed and his ears look as though they may have been (they stand straight up). He has beautiful posture and is very graceful (for a dog with feet as big as my hands!).

gr8dane

If you feel comfortable see if he will walk up to you. Do not offer food/water, if he has been out running the streets, food/water could cause him to bloat.

You wouldnt dock the tail of a Dane unless it was due to injury and the ears that stand are called cropped :)

Lori

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I haven't seen him in the past hour or so. If I see him come up the street again, I'll walk out of the house and say hello. He doesn't look like he's been roaming around for long.

And as I said earlier, he's in Hollywood Shores - end of Jones Wharf Road off 235.

Nanny Pam said:
Ladies....start your engines....

but look out for NP, cause I'll run ya over to get that dog!!
...and you are gonna go around calling it "Jake's little Brother" and now I'm having visions of Danny DeVito and Arnold as brothers in "Twins"...:killingme