Rib Eyes Part II

D

dems4me

OK, I think I finally did this correctly!!!! :dance: As you are aware I'm not accustomed to having to make steaks as that's something we could't afford growing up, etc.. so I had no idea how to cook them, but I think I finally did it perfectly last night.

Embarassingly, I think I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. :blushing: When I said my broiler didn't work, I was looking at the wrong part of the oven :whack: :banghead: There's a compartment/drawer underneath of the stove for storing things such as the broiler pan, etc... that you slide out. For some reason I was thinking this was "the broiler" and no matter how hot I got the oven in broil mode, it was never very hot. :banghead:

I'm able to laugh at myself for this, especially after making such a big fuss about RibEyes and my broiler not working. I actually experimented last night and put it in the oven part with both knobs set at broil and cooked them for 18 minutes and turned halfway. It was a lot easier to do than I was making it out to be. My steak dillema is solved... I'm feel soo silly :whack: But at least I've conquered the only thing left that I didn't know how to prepare and cook :dance:

somdcrab

dems4me said:
OK, I think I finally did this correctly!!!! :dance: As you are aware I'm not accustomed to having to make steaks as that's something we could't afford growing up, etc.. so I had no idea how to cook them, but I think I finally did it perfectly last night.

Embarassingly, I think I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. :blushing: When I said my broiler didn't work, I was looking at the wrong part of the oven :whack: :banghead: There's a compartment/drawer underneath of the stove for storing things such as the broiler pan, etc... that you slide out. For some reason I was thinking this was "the broiler" and no matter how hot I got the oven in broil mode, it was never very hot. :banghead:

I'm able to laugh at myself for this, es
* note to self * find dems some 12 step meetings and a detox ASAP :otter: :cheers: :alkies: :silly:

Agee

:bonk: If you haven't tried it already. Move the oven rack up closer to the upper coils (broil mode). This will sear and cook the steak quicker. With a rib-eye, 18 mins per side is a bit much, unless of course you like shoe leather.

somdcrab

somdcrab said:
dems4me said:

j/k lmfao :flowers: :love:

D

dems4me

Airgasm said:
:bonk: If you haven't tried it already. Move the oven rack up closer to the upper coils (broil mode). This will sear and cook the steak quicker. With a rib-eye, 18 mins per side is a bit much, unless of course you like shoe leather.

no silly it was 18 totaly and I flipped it halfway through :lol: Wasn't going for the leather dog chew toy result this time.:lol:

D

dems4me

* note to self * find dems some 12 step meetings and a detox ASAP :otter: :cheers: :alkies: :silly:[/QUOTE]

:ohwell: actually I gave all that up for Lent :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
There's a compartment/drawer underneath of the stove for storing things such as the broiler pan, etc... that you slide out. For some reason I was thinking this was "the broiler" and no matter how hot I got the oven in broil mode, it was never very hot.
I'm throwing the flag :bs: You are not this big of an idiot.

D

dems4me

Sharon said:
She should've dumped some propane in the compartment/drawer and lit it.

It was butane :cussing: :mad:

:mad: Soo much for me passing along some learned knowledge :hymph:

Aside from steaks, I never broil anything... therefore I thought it was that slide out thing at the bottom of the oven :shrug: now I know... and will probably just be something I'll never live down... but I can laugh at myself and have been doing this :whack: for the past 24 hours... :lol: :crazy:

It could be worse, at least I'm not one of those folks that use the stove as storage space for paperwork that I see idiots on tv use it for :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:

It's funny because I pride myself on being such a good cook that something as simple as this I was thrown for a loop on :killingme: I can just imagine me having my own cooking show and in a Julia Childs voice ... first we take out the butane... cut off the snip at the top and pry and push real hard to spray on pan for nonstick coating... then we place it this special broiler pull out tray .... :roflmao: KABOOM!!!! Then we take knife and scrape remnants off the walls, ceiling and cats, season to taste and there you have it - steak-ala-dems!! :lol: :lmao: