Hey 2A, interested in your opinion

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I'm actually curious as to what he has to say about it. I respect his knowledge of a book I have little use for and I am trying to understand why someone would think it's OK to starve themselves for ANY reason. I swear he'd get no reds from me.

K

Kizzy

:lol: I've always thought it strange - but I remember hearing a long time ago that to deprive the body of food helps one get in touch with his soul and mind. But I’m sure you want a more educated answer than that. :razz:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Kizzy said:
:lol: I've always thought it strange - but I remember hearing a long time ago that to deprive the body of food helps one get in touch with his soul and mind. But I’m sure you want a more educated answer than that. :razz:
Yoga helps you get in touch with your body/mind/soul without sacrificing nutrition. :yay:
Deprivation just makes you appreciate what your are missing. IMO.
:shrug:
{But if that's what you are going for...}

K

Kizzy

pvineswinger said:
Yoga helps you get in touch with your body/mind/soul without sacrificing nutrition. :yay:
Deprivation just makes you appreciate what your are missing. IMO.
:shrug:
{But if that's what you are going for...}

I had the flu once and I really appreciated being able to have a Burger King cheeseburger. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The idea is to empty the vessel in order to fill it with the spirit of the Lord. Back in Biblical times, they'd fast until they hallucinated because they thought the "visions" were God speaking to them. Native Americans did the same thing.

It will surprise me if 2A comes to talk religion in the Diet & Exercise forum. :shrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
... they'd fast until they hallucinated because they thought the "visions" were God speaking to them. Native Americans did the same thing.
I thought that was the Peyote.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
vraiblonde said:
The idea is to empty the vessel in order to fill it with the spirit of the Lord. Back in Biblical times, they'd fast until they hallucinated because they thought the "visions" were God speaking to them. Native Americans did the same thing.

It will surprise me if 2A comes to talk religion in the Diet & Exercise forum. :shrug:
Bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ? Why would you want to empty the vessel of that?

:confused:

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
vraiblonde said:
The idea is to empty the vessel in order to fill it with the spirit of the Lord. Back in Biblical times, they'd fast until they hallucinated because they thought the "visions" were God speaking to them. Native Americans did the same thing.. :shrug:
There is some smart people in here! :yay:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I thought I could put it in the Jebus forum, but it was about not eating, which makes it diet. Thank you for your answers.