Rebuilt 350 small block, anyone?

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
I'm shopping around for a rebuilt engine and I was hoping you guys might have some suggestions of where to look. I've gotten prices from AutoZone and Advanced. Are there any other local shops that might be able to get one? I'm in Calvert, but I wouldn't mind going somewhere else if the price is right.

H

HollowSoul

renegadeslave said:
I'm shopping around for a rebuilt engine and I was hoping you guys might have some suggestions of where to look. I've gotten prices from AutoZone and Advanced. Are there any other local shops that might be able to get one? I'm in Calvert, but I wouldn't mind going somewhere else if the price is right.
:shrug: ebay

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
renegadeslave said:
Depends on what your sticking it in.
But if you want a good motor for a good price call Oursman Chevrolet
You can get a Gm factory rebulit long block for less than $1000.
or you can get a new 2 bolt main with a 3year 36,000 warrenty for about $1500..
Auto zone and Advanced carry real junk mexican sweat shop motors

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I'd do a lot of comparison shopping if I were you. I've heard that Hayden's might be a good source, so you could add them to your list.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Or if you want a little more pep in that 350 go give speed unlimited call they have some decent deals on their built motors.. Otherwise I would say look at the Chevy crate motors they are everywhere.

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Ricky Racer said:
Depends on what your sticking it in.
But if you want a good motor for a good price call Oursman Chevrolet
You can get a Gm factory rebulit long block for less than $1000.
or you can get a new 2 bolt main with a 3year 36,000 warrenty for about $1500..
Auto zone and Advanced carry real junk mexican sweat shop motors

I'm putting it in a 1985 Corvette. Thanks for the tip. I never would have thought about a dealership. Their prices are normally outrageous.

willie

renegadeslave said:
Ricky Racer has it right. You cannot lose with a GM crate motor. go to gm.com and then goodwrench or performance parts. All kinds of good things for a Vette. Do not put junk in a Vette! Ourisman or most any dealer will give you a wholesale price on a big item like that. Happy wrenching.

willie

Attachments

• 12498793_small.jpg
    12498793_small.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 143

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Renegade...

...I've got one installed in a suburban we're junking. It's a rebuilt by Jasper, installed Feb 03, about 5,000 miles on it, if that. Runs great. The truck gets run a few times a month for odd jobs.

This is the deal you're looking for, right time, cheap and taken care of.

$500

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
willie said:
Ricky Racer has it right. You cannot lose with a GM crate motor. go to gm.com and then goodwrench or performance parts. All kinds of good things for a Vette. Do not put junk in a Vette! Ourisman or most any dealer will give you a wholesale price on a big item like that. Happy wrenching.

I called Ourisman and the parts guy said they had new LT4 engines. But they want over $7,000 for 'em. I'll check out the website and see if Bayside Chevy would be willing to help me out.

willie

renegadeslave said:
I called Ourisman and the parts guy said they had new LT4 engines. But they want over $7,000 for 'em. I'll check out the website and see if Bayside Chevy would be willing to help me out.
Go here:
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
I've heard a few guys complain about their service and shipping but I've had good luck with them. On the GM site you can get the part number for a fuel injected crate engine complete with wiring harness and computer then go to gmpartsdirect and the price will surprise you. Whether you buy or not, run it through checkout and you will see the shipping charge also. I just bought a brake control module that lists for a little over $800 and Bayside would sell it for $697. I got it from gmpartsdirect for $513 including shipping.NO TAX They farted around with email a little too long but it was worth the small delay.

Attachments

• burnout.gif
    burnout.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
renegadeslave said:
OUCH!!! I could buy a wrecked Vette for that amount!!

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
Larry Gude said:
...I've got one installed in a suburban we're junking. It's a rebuilt by Jasper, installed Feb 03, about 5,000 miles on it, if that. Runs great. The truck gets run a few times a month for odd jobs.

This is the deal you're looking for, right time, cheap and taken care of.

$500
Dude ! you can't beat this deal. Depending on the year of the Suburban.
If it will work.