Hey Aps

Pete

Repete
I was goofing around my garage and decided to get my bike ready for installing the hard bags that are coming tomorrow. I got out my trusty tool kit and now my bike is in peices on the floor.

I hope I remember to put all the parts back in it.

Question for you; When you relocate the turn signals to the back by the plate, where did you run your wires? I suspect you have to drill holes correct?

Pete

Repete
Hey Aps, I have this thing that looks like a big scoop and I can't remember where it goes. :confused:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
Question for you; When you relocate the turn signals to the back by the plate, where did you run your wires? I suspect you have to drill holes correct?
Route them along the wires going to your tail light, feed them throught the same holes, it's tight, but they'll fit. There are some metal tabs the hold the wires under the fender. Bend them up a little to fit the new wires in.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
Route them along the wires going to your tail light, feed them throught the same holes, it's tight, but they'll fit. There are some metal tabs the hold the wires under the fender. Bend them up a little to fit the new wires in.
:yay:

Where is the best place to cut the harness? Up close to the airbox?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
This Saturday (3/19) Motovation cycles is holding a spring safety tuneup clinic (free for Mattawoman SCRC members) at 1:30. If you can, you should swing by and check them out.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
:yay:

Where is the best place to cut the harness? Up close to the airbox?
Yes, someplace where you'll have enough room to jam the new connectors back in. There is some clearence under the seat (it sits on little suction cups).

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
Yes, someplace where you'll have enough room to jam the new connectors back in. There is some clearence under the seat (it sits on little suction cups).
I figured if I cut the harness near the airbox, I should have enough wire from the signal back to make it through the grommet, then I can splice in the extentions under the seat where they are shielded more.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
I figured if I cut the harness near the airbox, I should have enough wire from the signal back to make it through the grommet, then I can splice in the extentions under the seat where they are shielded more.
That should work.
Did you get the fringed bags or the plain ones?

Pete

Repete
kwillia said:
Ummmm... I'm thinking you would be better off to let the bird have his home back and sell the bike for parts...:twitch: :cheers:
Thinking has never been your strong suit. :shutup:

It will be ok, I have tools :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pete said:
Traditional.
Did you use splices or bayonette connectors?
Used the connectors that came with the bags. If you take the bags off and put the sigs back where they were, you can just unplug the extensions and reconnect the wires.

Pete

Repete
aps45819 said:
Used the connectors that came with the bags. If you take the bags off and put the sigs back where they were, you can just unplug the extensions and reconnect the wires.
So the bags come with the wire and connectors to make the extentions? Groovy. They come in tomorrow, I am just getting it ready.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The purpose of fringed extensions on leather garments/bags is to increase the surface area exposed to the air in order to shorten the time it takes for the leather to dry.
WTH does this have to do with poker?

Flying Pig

aps45819 said:
:confused:
WOW :yikes: you sure turned red.
Yeah, 'cause some dipshit can't take a joke. Not my fault you can't tell when somebody is making a joke.

RED Hey Aps 03-17-2005 01:08 PM If you're going to butt in, at least make a comment that makes sense, unless you're DEMS mpd. - aps