1.3 Million Mercedes Being Recalled

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontitle>The following is an excerpt of an AP story found in the YAHOO! News. The story doesn't give many details, however.

U.S. National - AP
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=article width=420> 1.3 Million Mercedes Being Recalled

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="40%"><!-- Yahoo TimeStamp: 1112281535 --><!-- recent_timestamp 1112281535 4951 secs not stale 28800 secs -->1 hour, 22 minutes ago
</TD><TD noWrap align=right width="60%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="1%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="1%"> </TD><TD noWrap width="99%"> U.S. National - AP</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- TextStart -->FRANKFURT, Germany - DaimlerChrysler AG said Thursday it is recalling some 1.3 million Mercedes-Benz models worldwide to fix a problem with alternators and batteries.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontitle>The following is an excerpt of an AP story found in the YAHOO! News. The story doesn't give many details, however.

U.S. National - AP
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=article width=420> 1.3 Million Mercedes Being Recalled

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD width="40%"><!-- Yahoo TimeStamp: 1112281535 --><!-- recent_timestamp 1112281535 4951 secs not stale 28800 secs -->1 hour, 22 minutes ago
</TD><TD noWrap align=right width="60%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="1%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="1%"> </TD><TD noWrap width="99%"> U.S. National - AP</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- TextStart -->FRANKFURT, Germany - DaimlerChrysler AG said Thursday it is recalling some 1.3 million Mercedes-Benz models worldwide to fix a problem with alternators and batteries.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Are these all the models built since Chrysler bought them out??

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Chasey_Lane said:
I've got the CLK; what's it say about this model?
Another excerpt from the story:

[size=-1]

[size=-1]

In a statement, the German-U.S. auto maker said the models in years from 2001 to 2004 and include current E-, SL- and CLS-class models that have been built since 2001.

The Stuttgart-based company said that models with six- and eight-cylinder engines need to have the voltage regulator examined and, if needed, replaced.

On the E-class and CLS-class models, built from January 2002-January 2005, battery control software will be installed. The company also said the braking system on the E, SL and CLS-class made since June 2001 would be updated.

[/size]
[/size]

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
I blame the injection of Dodge DNA
I beg to disagree. In my opinion, APS, DiamlerChrysler Corporation builds the most reliable and best-styled vehicles made in the U.S.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
I beg to disagree. In my opinion, APS, DiamlerChrysler Corporation builds the most reliable and best-styled vehicles made in the U.S.
Better not read COnsumer Reports then.. they have the worst reliablility rating they can give on almost ALL models in the last 5 years.. And MAYBE I'm wrong, but I thought they made a big deal out of Chrysler buying Mercedes, stating things like going from needing a government bailout to buying a world-class automobile company..

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
itsbob said:
Better not read COnsumer Reports then.. they have the worst reliablility rating they can give on almost ALL models in the last 5 years.. And MAYBE I'm wrong, but I thought they made a big deal out of Chrysler buying Mercedes, stating things like going from needing a government bailout to buying a world-class automobile company..
I don't read consumer reports, but I can tell you that I've owned an 89 LeBaron, a 95 Caravan, a 95 Concorde, and (currently) a 02 PT Cruiser, and all of them have been virtually faultless. My big maintenance bills have been to replace batteries, brakes, and tires. (Only 2 batteries - one in the LeBaron and one in the Concorde).

I thought for certain that Diamler did the buying, but I could be wrong.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My first car was a Dodge product. After owning it a year it was enough to make me never buy one again! My second was a Hyundai; same goes for them! Toyota or Honda all the way! :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
pixiegirl said:
My first car was a Dodge product. After owning it a year it was enough to make me never buy one again! My second was a Hyundai; same goes for them! Toyota or Honda all the way! :yay:
Amen sister.. owned a Dodge Van for about 18 months before I traded it in.. did own a Doge Omni, but it was worked over by Shelby.. FUN car, but it had it's problems too.. NEVER thought I'd go over 120 MPH in an Omni, but I did..

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
daimler bailed out chrysler.. And actually if you look at the reports for the past couple years actually subaru and a couple other companies have had more issues with reliability compared to DC. Daimler makes all the final decisions when it comes to products produced by chrysler. All car manufacturers have problems and thats just how it is.. The big deal is how the manufacturer takes care of the issues. Mercedes decided to be proactive and fix issues before they really became issues because they want customer loyalty. I say toyota is the best outta the asian market with Honda and nissan coming in together. from germany Its mercedes and prolly volvo in my book as nice vehicles and then for the us market Chrysler and Ford in my book.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
FastCarsSpeed said:
from germany Its mercedes and prolly volvo in my book as nice vehicles and then for the us market Chrysler and Ford in my book.
Volvo is Swedish, as is Saab... or am I wrong again..

Sorry, just can't help myself..

But I haven't owned an American tagged car in years, the last being a lumina Van about ten years ago.. I so liked my Nissan, Honda and etc sooo much better.

And Chrysler has the worst resale of any car out there, except maybe Yugo. You can get GREAT lease deals on any of the Japanese makes, and Volvo and Saab because they have great resale Value, Chrysler, forget it, it's cheaper to buy one.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
itsbob said:
Volvo is Swedish, as is Saab... or am I wrong again..

Sorry, just can't help myself..

But I haven't owned an American tagged car in years, the last being a lumina Van about ten years ago.. I so liked my Nissan, Honda and etc sooo much better.

And Chrysler has the worst resale of any car out there, except maybe Yugo. You can get GREAT lease deals on any of the Japanese makes, and Volvo and Saab because they have great resale Value, Chrysler, forget it, it's cheaper to buy one.
I wouldn't lease a vehicle for any reason. I'd buy a used Chrysler first ( :lol: ). And I'd avoid buying a Chevy anything, but a Lumina especially. No wonder you went to the imports.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Railroad said:
:confused: Thought the Toyota's and Honda's had the best reliability of cars made in the U.S.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
aps45819 said:
:confused: Thought the Toyota's and Honda's had the best reliability of cars made in the U.S.
Funny - I see them on the side of the road more than I see Chryslers on the side of the road. But again, I'm only speaking from my own experience. I don't put much stock in the press or in consumer reports.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
I wouldn't lease a vehicle for any reason. I'd buy a used Chrysler first ( :lol: ). And I'd avoid buying a Chevy anything, but a Lumina especially. No wonder you went to the imports.
Up until about 3 years ago I leased two cars at a time, would pick up a new car every year, and never paid more then $300 a month for each, just switched keys and left the lot with a new car. Leasing is a GREAT deal if you are the type to buy and trade every three or four years, if you drive a car until it's axles fall off, then leasing would definetly not be an option.

AND if you are a Chrysler fan, I tried to lease a Dodge, and when they were done with the "deal" the payments were the same as if I was going to buy it. Asked them all kinds of pertinent questions, which they refused to answer.. like what's the reisdual on the lease? Where did the cash back go? How much did I save in package discounts?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
Funny - I see them on the side of the road more than I see Chryslers on the side of the road. But again, I'm only speaking from my own experience. I don't put much stock in the press or in consumer reports.
That's because like my sons Honda, they are still on the road with 200,000 miles on them, and do tend to break now and then.. My Dodge Van AND my Omni were both broke on the side of the road with less then 20K on em..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
That's because like my sons Honda, they are still on the road with 200,000 miles on them, and do tend to break now and then.. My Dodge Van AND my Omni were both broke on the side of the road with less then 20K on em..
:yeahthat: My Toyota pickup had 286,000 miles on it when I got rid of it.