Help!!!!

Luvdolphins

Okay...I need some help with my marriage. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and before together 3 years. Recently things have been not go good. For one he is an alcoholic (he knows it), he spends all of our money on beer and thinks that I am cheating on him (which I'm not). Last night we got in a huge fight and now he said we have to talk tonight about "issues." I don't know what to do. He has never hit me, but sometimes he says some bad things to me. Any suggestions?

K

Kain99

O.K. 3+4=7 Right? You guys are smack dab in the middle of one of those classic rough spots in a relationship! To start keep this in mind.

It's obvious that you are angry and upset about his alcohol use. (Naturally) Alcoholics often throw ridiculous accusations out ie. Your cheating in an effort to feel like they are standing on equal ground. *If ya know what I mean*

The alcoholism needs to be addressed but you'll do more damage than good if you belittle him. Maybe you should say I love you and I'm afraid. Promise to help him get help and then follow through.

Unfortunately in all relationships people say things they don't mean! His bad remarks are most likely made when he is feeling particularly frustrated, or when he realizes he is loosing the argument miserably.

Since your nervous about tonights big talk why don't ya call Walden 301-863-6661. This is the Hotline number and the staff is excellent. Walden specializes in alcohol and relationship issues. The call is free and you'll feel a lot better!

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Help!!!!

Originally posted by Kain99
Since your nervous about tonights big talk why don't ya call Walden 301-863-6661. This is the Hotline number and the staff is excellent. Walden specializes in alcohol and relationship issues. The call is free and you'll feel a lot better!

:notworthy :notworthy

Luvdolphins

Thanks for all your good advice!

No we don't have children.

I have supported him for 7 years with the alcoholism, I have tried to get him help. If I push or help him out, he just gets mad. I will call that number and talk with them.