Should I put my plants outside?

jeneisen

Indy Bound
I was just wondering when it would be a good idea to put my household plants outside? I put them out a little too early last year and they died from the cold nights, but I am really anxious to get them out of my house, and the weather has been warm. Does anyone know what temperature the nights need to be for the plants to survive?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Don't let the warm spell we're having fool you. It's really still too new in the spring to put them out. The average frost-free date in this area is April 15th, but I've seen frost in late April and early May. I would wait a few more weeks.

dalopitz

dabailey
no colder than 55!

jeneisen said:
I was just wondering when it would be a good idea to put my household plants outside? I put them out a little too early last year and they died from the cold nights, but I am really anxious to get them out of my house, and the weather has been warm. Does anyone know what temperature the nights need to be for the plants to survive?

Houseplants will go into shock and die if you put them out now and the temp gets to 55 degrees or below. I feel your pain, I have a messy asparagus fern I can't wait to get outside! We can hope it won't be more than another couple weeks.