What about Red China?

What do you think about Red China?

• On a yellow tablecloth, it would look pretty good.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • I don't like their politics, but I like the food.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I'm starting to see too many of their products.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I figure they're kinda like the Borg from Star Trek.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • The weight of their population is causing earthquakes.

• I hope they don't make and export cars.

• Total voters

SamSpade

The first answer is an oft-repeated joke a friend and I used to say in high school.

Only we said "white".

Ponytail

Red is nice

And some of the food is good.

And be warned, 2007, you will see a flood of Automobiles imported from China, with starting price tags of less than $7,000 coming with 10 yr/100,000 mile warranties. No joke.

No word yet though on whether each one will have it's own "refugee" in the trunk that will be yours to keep with the purchase.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The next 30 years will see...

...THE single greatest global event ever, in terms of humans and our planet.

China is developing a stable middle class. They are educated and they are starting to own things.

If they can make it, then the future is gold for us all. Their population will come under control as people choose to have only one or two children. Middle classes worry about and put time and effort into their environment and become conscious of everything from polution to safety to retirement.

Next up India, the Middle East, South East Asia and South America.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Ponytail said:
No word yet though on whether each one will have it's own "refugee" in the trunk that will be yours to keep with the purchase.
Do they clean? Do yard work? If so, I'll take two please. :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Larry Gude said:
If they can make it, then the future is gold for us all. Their population will come under control as people choose to have only one or two children.

I thought they were still only permitted one child per family? It's like pro-abortion Mecca over there. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think you're right...

...didn't people kill their girls so they could still have a boy?

Yeah, maybe they won't make it.

Their population still seems to grow though, right?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
I think, as I have stated before, China has come a long way. Does that mean we should just open arm them and hand them over everything they want? No. However, I think there is too much paranoia as far as China is concerned. Larry has hit the nail on the head. Ownership and capitalism is rising there. They are progressing. This is not the same China it used to be.

There is no "beating" China. Their economy will boom with the mass of consumers they have. It is best to use that for the benefit of our productivity and help "guide" their populations world development in the "right" direction.

Spoiled

I picked A, I love their food, their politics are becoming less extreme, they are moving in the right direction... They also invest TONS of money into the US (I think my International Relations say they buy like 1/3 of all the bonds?)

And between us, I saw on an auto forum I post on, a picture of some chinese sports car... it was :dude: (cool)