shooting range

frank67

I'v been looking for a shooting range in southern Md, checking around I found a range at Myrtle grove off of 225 past LaPlata, I have not been out there but wonder if anyone here has, I would like to sight in my rifle and test some of my new reloads,any info on range cost and what is allowed and what is not, I am new to Md 1 year, and live in california Md....thanks, frank67

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Sanners Lake might be the place for you (located in Lexington Park)...but it is a membership club. Any Sanners Lakers on this board?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
frank67 said:
I'v been looking for a shooting range in southern Md, checking around I found a range at Myrtle grove off of 225 past LaPlata, I have not been out there but wonder if anyone here has, I would like to sight in my rifle and test some of my new reloads,any info on range cost and what is allowed and what is not, I am new to Md 1 year, and live in california Md....thanks, frank67

I've been down there twice now. Its not the nicest place in the world, but its better than nothing. It only costs $20 a year (cost of the range permit). You can get the permit at sporting goods stores, including the sporting goods section of Walmart. Be sure to take string as well as your targets.

As far as what they'll let you shoot, I don't know about black powder, but handguns, rifles, and I believe shotguns are OK (I'll have to check). Caliber isn't really a concern. The last time I was down there, there was a guy with a .50 cal. There's also an archery range there, but I haven't used it.

I have 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62 X 39, 158 grain SN, sitting in the dining room, so hopefully I'll be down there soon.

frank67

Chain729 said:
I've been down there twice now. Its not the nicest place in the world, but its better than nothing. It only costs $20 a year (cost of the range permit). You can get the permit at sporting goods stores, including the sporting goods section of Walmart. Be sure to take string as well as your targets.

As far as what they'll let you shoot, I don't know about black powder, but handguns, rifles, and I believe shotguns are OK (I'll have to check). Caliber isn't really a concern. The last time I was down there, there was a guy with a .50 cal. There's also an archery range there, but I haven't used it.

I have 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62 X 39, 158 grain SN, sitting in the dining room, so hopefully I'll be down there soon.

Thanks to you all for your help.............chain 729, I'll get the range permit and maybe see you at the Mrytel Grove range sometime, thamks, frank67 :yay: