where to advertise?

marianne

That's it. I'm tired of walking by DH's Harley every day and not riding it. :tantrum
Where's a good place to advertise a bike for sale? I know somd.com of course and washington post (although it's awfully hard to actually FIND the bike section) but those don't seem to be working. Where would YOU look for a bike for sale?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
marianne said:
That's it. I'm tired of walking by DH's Harley every day and not riding it. :tantrum
Where's a good place to advertise a bike for sale? I know somd.com of course and washington post (although it's awfully hard to actually FIND the bike section) but those don't seem to be working. Where would YOU look for a bike for sale?
BMW dealership....

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
marianne said:
Specifics please....... year-miles etc...... and price?:dance:

marianne

Suz' said:
Specifics please....... year-miles etc...... and price?:dance:

It's a nearly new bike. 2003 Harley VRSCA V-Rod 100th Anniversary edition, 1500 miles, asking $16,500. We put in custom Corbin seats. Dealer serviced everything. It's the most beautiful bike IMHO and I need to get her picture taken.

It's just been sitting in our garage far too long. Replaced the battery last week. I can't ride it 'cause my feet don't reach the ground :mad: DH just doesn't ride it much and he's having ankle surgery soon. Which means another season of the VRod sitting in the garage and, as much as I love that bike, I just can't take walking past it anymore and getting upset.

marianne

aps45819 said:
Why not do this and then just ride it your self. :yay:

At first I didn't want to ride myself. I was a traditionalist and happy being the backwarmer. But seeing as I'm not warming any backs lately, I am looking to start riding myself.

Unfortunately I think we'd still need to sell the VRod because my feet are nowhere near the ground. DH said the seat couldn't be lowered enough for me on the VRod but maybe I should get a second opinion...

marianne

RoseRed said:
Can the shocks be changed to lower it? :confused:

I don't know. But these are great ideas and maybe I don't need to sell the bike I love so much! From looking quickly at http://www.vtwinmama.com/motorcycles_for_short_riders.htm, here are somethings I could do:

1) Lower the bike with a lowering kit (new brackets that lower it or back end suspension/shocks and front end fork) - This is what you're saying to do. I'll need to see if they have this for the VRod and if it would be low enough. I think that would give me around 2".

2) Change the stock seat to something that is either narrower (so the legs are not pushed out) or curved down to lower overall seat height or have the original seat's interior padding shaved down - we did that but it's not low enough

3) Change out the tire (but talk to the mechanic about a possible impact on the speedometer reading) - I could find out about that

4) Buy or modify boots for a higher heel (but not to high to interfere with foot controls) - I've got as high as they come!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
marianne said:
4) Buy or modify boots for a higher heel (but not to high to interfere with foot controls) - I've got as high as they come!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 131

dustin

UAIOE
cycletrader.com

local paper

a base paper

Lemon lot on a base (PAX, Indian Head)

make flyers and post them at local grocery stores (if they will let you) or ask the HD dealer you've spent so much money at to see if you can post your flyer at their shop.

if you go to church, ask the pastor/priest if you can park it in the lot on the weekends with a 4 sale sign on it

marianne

didn't work

I loved the idea of riding the Vrod myself rather than selling it. My DH laughed at me but I was determined. I ran into the garage and hopped on the bike but quickly ran into a snag. Apparently the Vrod is a fairly large & heavy bike. As strong as I like to think I am, I couldn't budge it from off the kickstand :bawl: Could have been worse, I could have dropped the thing. Off I go to cycle trader and poster-making. I have to get a better picture for those though. These attached pics are all I have in the meantime since I can't move the bike out of the garage :loser: and DH is too busy to help me just yet.

Attachments

• bikeover9.jpg
    bikeover9.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 128
  • bikeside9.jpg
    bikeside9.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 130

itsbob

I bowl overhand
dustin said:
Lemon lot on a base (PAX, Indian Head)
Looking at the pictures I wouldn't leave that bike unattended anywhere.. there would be parts missing within 3 hours.. 20 minutes if it's roadside somewhere.

marianne

RoseRed said:

Truly beats me. This is the e-mail message I received:

Your User Account at StreetBikeTrader.com has been deleted.

Possible Reasons for this:
1. You requested it.
2. We could be pruning registration files.
3. If you just registered, you must have broke our rules.

Admin
StreetBikeTrader.com

I just registered at the site and can't imagine how I broke any rules - my ad was exactly like the other VRod ad that's there. While I would like to know why it was deleted, I'm angry to the point of not wanting to advertise it there again so I'm not going to bother asking Admin.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
marianne said:
Truly beats me. This is the e-mail message I received:

Your User Account at StreetBikeTrader.com has been deleted.

Possible Reasons for this:
1. You requested it.
2. We could be pruning registration files.
3. If you just registered, you must have broke our rules.

Admin
StreetBikeTrader.com

I just registered at the site and can't imagine how I broke any rules - my ad was exactly like the other VRod ad that's there. While I would like to know why it was deleted, I'm angry to the point of not wanting to advertise it there again so I'm not going to bother asking Admin.

Send them a nastygram.