The last "Raymond"

R

remaxrealtor

Any thoughts on the final Everybody Loves Raymond? I usually hate finales, but I really likes the whole idea of realizing how much they'd miss him if he was gone.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I thought it was great for them to stay away from the one-hour-too-long finale and kept it at the regular 30 minute show. I thought it was great when Marie jumps into be between Ray & his wife and Ray's wife makes the comment "I knew this was going to happen one day"!

At least the ending didn't suck like Seinfeld's did. That was one of the weakest endings ever....

R

remaxrealtor

Voter2002 said:
I thought it was great for them to stay away from the one-hour-too-long finale and kept it at the regular 30 minute show. I thought it was great when Marie jumps into be between Ray & his wife and Ray's wife makes the comment "I knew this was going to happen one day"!

At least the ending didn't suck like Seinfeld's did. That was one of the weakest endings ever....

That's exactly what we were saying. We almost blew it off based on the Seinfeld ending.

Pete

Repete
Never really liked it. I did not hate it as much as I did "Mad About You". That show made me wanna hurl.

K

Kizzy

I didn't watch it until several friends and family members said the show reminded them of my husband and I. I missed the final show, but the dentist told me all about it this morning while I was sitting in the chair.

Hessian

It was a little subdued (naturally!) but it had closure and I will miss that 9 pm relief on a Monday evening.

I could quickly identify with Ray...his Parents...and his awkward relations with Deborah. (Heaton was always very funny...)
I'll miss it.

Toxick

Splat
Everybody Misses Raymond.

Almost every single episode gives me at least one good belly laugh. From Frank's "HOLY CRAP!" to Robert's dreary, "Is this about me?"

Here's the funny part. Except for rare occasions, I have almost never watched ELR on Monday night. But I've seen all available episodes on re-runs, and although it's one of my favorite shows ever, I've only seen one or two episodes when they were brand new.

Plus, last night. I just got my DVR so I recorded it.

So I can't say I'll "miss" the show. I'll keep watching it just like I always have.

And I'm figuring it's not going to be too long before it's on Nick@Nite.

JMA50192

I will miss it. I think it is one of the better "family shows" on TV. My MIL thinks they act just like our family.

D

dems4me

remaxrealtor said:
Any thoughts on the final Everybody Loves Raymond? I usually hate finales, but I really likes the whole idea of realizing how much they'd miss him if he was gone.

I thought it was funny!!! I guess I was expecting a depressing sort of thing but this episode had me laughing out loud... especially when the mother jumped in the bed and the wife said... "I always knew it would come down to this... " or something like that... :roflmao:

Ponytail

I missed last nights Raymond finale. I used to watch it every week when the show was new. My girlfriend at the time, and my mom would compare notes, on how much alike Ray's character was to me. Oh how they laughed...as I sat quietly in the corner trying to think of a more intelligent rebuttal than "nuh uh". :lol:

I didn't get out of work last night in time to see it, and haven't seen many of the new shows in the past couple of years, but every time that I did watch it, it did get a pretty good laugh out of me.

ocean733

RoseRed said:
The last "Raymond&... 07-16-2005 10:58 AM miserable b!tch

:lmao:
All you said was that you didn't watch the show? Was the red-giver speaking about you or him/herself?! :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
ocean733 said:
All you said was that you didn't watch the show? Was the red-giver speaking about you or him/herself?! :lmao:

It was towards me and it was green. :lmao: