Close!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...anyone wanna talk about how the Skins ALMOST won this week? The week before? ... ... ... Next week?

Anybody???

G

giggles04

I swear...if they can pick up some decent peopke in the off season... give the QB some more experience... and they'll be ok next year. Maybe!

But my Packers won... so thats all I'm really worried about!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dealy of GAME on giggles!

To many teams on the field! We're talking Skins here. You already got Favre, what more do you want???

5 yards, sister.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by jetmonkey
Well once Marvin Lewis leaves for college we will have what, our fourth defensive coordinator in four years? Retarded.

Hopefully they will promote someone from within the staff and Lewis's system to keep some semblance of continuity going. The biggest disappointment I've had with Spurrier is the dumb penalities we've gotten all year.

I wasn't sold on Spurrier at the beginning, but I really like his candidness in his interviews. I heard a news conference on WTEM after the skins lost to New York the first time around(couple weeks ago) and he was commenting on an injury to one of the D ends and said it was a knee injury, someone in the background corrected him and said it was a strained thigh...He said something to the effect of "Sprained knee, strained thigh, twisted ankle, my bad".. Hell, at least he's giving me something to laugh about..

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
What the 'Skins really need is...

...a giant tub of Super Glue so they can hold onto the ball. Turnovers are killing them. I lost count of how many points have been scored on them from their turnovers.

G

giggles04

Re: What the 'Skins really need is...

Originally posted by jazz lady
...a giant tub of Super Glue so they can hold onto the ball. Turnovers are killing them. I lost count of how many points have been scored on them from their turnovers.

There ya go... thats an idea!

SmallTown

Football season!
I think the biggest problem with spurrier is he doesn't quite have the right people to run the show.. Sure, Matthews and Weurfell (sp??) did great things in college for him, but the NFL is different..

If ramsey can continue to improve they will be ok next year..

yakky doodle

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the team go downhill when Danny Boy bought it a few years ago? Perhaps the problem doesn't lay solely with the players; rather, change is needed at the top of the hill to change the face of the mountain? :ohwell:

Did I just say that? Bad cowboys fan; bad bad bad. (slapping my own mouth) :frown:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by yakky doodle
Did I just say that? Bad cowboys fan; bad bad bad. (slapping my own mouth) :frown:

Hey, did you happen to see the Cowboys game yesterday?!?! I think they learned something when the played us on Thanksgiving. It was the dreaded CHOKE!:roflmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
The Fun & Gun is based on speed; the Foreskins have the slowest, dumpiest WR corps in the Niffle. Dere ya go, Margie.

He started the season with many of his receivers from Florida.. Still didn't work too well

frogger

As a Skins fan of many years...

I hope we lose every game the rest of the season. Hopefully then we'll get a decent draft pick. We should play Ramsey the rest of the way to get him the experience that he needs.
Stephen Davis will be gone too next year. It's not looking very good for the Skins. The defense is just not that good, and with Bruce Smith and Darrell Green probably retiring, it's looking worse.
Maybe we can get Kurt Warner cheap if St Louis doesn't want him, or get Byron Leftwich from the draft if Ramsey doesn't pan out.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: As a Skins fan of many years...

Originally posted by frogger
I Maybe we can get Kurt Warner cheap if St Louis doesn't want him, or get Byron Leftwich from the draft if Ramsey doesn't pan out.

Oh great. Just what we need. Another "cheap and available" quarterback. :frown:

SmallTown

Football season!
I have to believe that one of the reasons mathews and danny are on the team is to allow for an extra "coach" on the field since they know the offense already.. I just hope Ramsey can improve and keep Danny"My hands are too small I need gloves to grip the ball" off the field

frogger

I don't disagree...we should have kept Schottenheimer for sure. I don't know what to make of Spurrier. I used to hate him at Florida for being cocky and arrogant, but now that he's getting his butt handed to him in the NFL, he seems to be more humble.

As yakky said I also think it has to do with the ownership. Snyder is extremely impatient and wants his superbowl now! He basically got rid of a proven head coach for another who has zero NFL coaching experience at 5 million a year!!!! I say spend that money elsewhere like picking up some decent lineman.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
UNSPORTSMANLIKE!!!!!!!

Don't worry, you won't have that fumbling jackass Stephen Davis to kick around next year.

...on monkey!!!! Stevie D is the heart and soul of the team!!!