Hmmmmm.....decisions-decisions

H

HollowSoul

(for all the guitar savy)
This is the effects processor i have now :dude:
and i have to say that i am kind content with it. The main reason i initially bought it was for it's recording capabilities, and so far every thing is peechy-keen..
then
i learned about this:dude::dude:
I have listened and watched the video demo's of the GT-8 and i can honestly say i'm blown away....BUT...it doesnt have recording capabilities :ohwell: but Roland does carry stand alone recording...

i figuer i'll roll up to guitar center in rockville and give the GT-8 a workout and if it go's well, i'll get it-sell my GNX-4-and buy a stand alone recorder.

who all out there has messed with the Boss series, 3-5-6?
what were your pro's/con's

nawty1

Poker Shark
Hot Licks is having their swap meet this Sat. (the 28th). Best bet is take whatever you wanna sell, and talk to some of the musicians that are down there. Supposedly they have a meet or beat price policy now but I haven't bought anything from them since they moved. My ex has one sittin' around that he never even used (paid $450 for it but not sure which model it is). I can see what he thinks about the GT-8...he basically lives at Guitar Center :eek:) (hence ex)

H

HollowSoul

nawty1 said:
Hot Licks is having their swap meet this Sat. (the 28th). Best bet is take whatever you wanna sell, and talk to some of the musicians that are down there. Supposedly they have a meet or beat price policy now but I haven't bought anything from them since they moved. My ex has one sittin' around that he never even used (paid $450 for it but not sure which model it is). I can see what he thinks about the GT-8...he basically lives at Guitar Center :eek:) (hence ex)
i noticed that hot licks moved but i don't know where they went....
I am seriously interested in the Gt-8...."but" I had the Gt-6 briefly, i was dissapointed in the 6.
The main advantage digitech has over boss is the ability to switch between "amp models" and the ability to "warp" them together
With the Digitect expression pedal, you could have a clean tone(accoustic) toe up, and a distortion tone toe down. and in stompbox mode you could click on and off various effects/delay within the control switches by foot.
The GT-6 in order to switch through different amp models you had to physically bend over and push a tiny button, which would be a pain in the backside during a performance, and the Gt-6's expression pedal only had 2 functions....volume and wah-wah.

bottom line.....Digitech is WAY more versatile in programming its footswitches to do whatever you wanted them to do....but the Boss has a better tone within it's presets....

I hope that the GT-8 is more flexable with its footswitches and modes, the whole point in having a footswitch is to manuver through it's functions with your feet....it defeats the purpose to have to bend over to do anything

chaotic

This is your captain!
I have a Behringer V-AMP2 effects box. Relatively cheap, and I don't know any better (haven't used PODs or the Boss units). I record through a mixer into my computer, which works out nicely. The V-AMP has an odd shape (like a stylized guitar body with no neck), but it is relatively easy to use.

nawty1

Poker Shark
HollowSoul said:
i noticed that hot licks moved but i don't know where they went....

They are on 925 now. Across from the Fire Dept where Frank's Nursery and that niteclub used to be.

If you really really want the GT-8...GO FOR IT! You only live once!!!

H

HollowSoul

well i got the GT-8...and after mess'n with it for awhile at guitar center...(poor jameo sat through the whole thing like a trooper) i went ahead and got it...
bottom line?.....if you play guitar...GET IT!!!
i am extremely impressed with the flexability it has over the GT3-5-and 6
they upgraded alot with this pedal.
And after searching the web a lil.....i have learned that if i go to a computer store and get a midi cable to USB then i could hook directly to the computer and import the source in pro tracks plus and cakewalk :banana: