unidentified plant (maybe)

terbear1225

I'm hoping someone on here can help out. My yard is full of plants that look very much like strawberries ( berries and all) except instead of white flowers it has yellow flowers. I just assumed they were some other variety of strawberry but a friend of mine said she thought they might be some other type of berry that was poisonous.

Can anyone help? which of us is correct?

Mikeinsmd

terbear1225 said:
I'm hoping someone on here can help out. My yard is full of plants that look very much like strawberries ( berries and all) except instead of white flowers it has yellow flowers. I just assumed they were some other variety of strawberry but a friend of mine said she thought they might be some other type of berry that was poisonous. Can anyone help? which of us is correct?
Are the berries much smaller & round? We called them "wild strawberries". We ate them but not much taste.

Attachments

• 2004_10_wild_strawberries.jpg
    2004_10_wild_strawberries.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
K

Kizzy

Mikeinsmd said:
Honeysuckles don't have berries you nut. :killingme

But they have yellow flowers and when they 1st come out, they look like balls until they bloom.

:shrug:

K

Kizzy

pixiegirl said:
Your friend is wrong. It's a strawberry. :yay:

And they are poisonous, so give me and pix your friend's address and we will come pick them and take care of them for her.

:razz:

Mikeinsmd

Mikeinsmd said:
Are the berries much smaller & round? We called them "wild strawberries". We ate them but not much taste.
bump

Attachments

• 2004_10_wild_strawberries.jpg
    2004_10_wild_strawberries.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 115

terbear1225

thanks for the replies. I kind of figured she was wrong, but since I have cats that like to go outside, I thought it safest to check.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
terbear1225 said:
thanks for the replies. I kind of figured she was wrong, but since I have cats that like to go outside, I thought it safest to check.

In that case, you should ask a professional. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Kizzy said:
And they are poisonous, so give me and pix your friend's address and we will come pick them and take care of them for her.

:razz:

:yeahthat: We had a yard full when we lived in Indian Head. Noah LOVED them. :yay:

terbear1225

sure it's cool. if you're watching it from inside a nice air conditioned building! sitting in an unair conditioned building isn't nearly as much fun.

ps does lord mike work? slightly less formal than my lord but still gets the idea across!

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
We have those too, but I don't eat them. I always think the dog probably peed on them. :lol: