Chinese Buffets?

Triggerfish

What's your favorite in SOMD? I just went to Hong Kong Buffet in Wardorf for the first time. I liked it better than the ones in St Mary's that I have been to.

SamSpade

Triggerfish said:
What's your favorite in SOMD? I just went to Hong Kong Buffet in Wardorf for the first time. I liked it better than the ones in St Mary's that I have been to.
I like the one in Leonardtown - I think it's a Hong Kong Buffet - and the one in Prince Frederick - I think it's a Mongolian something or other. I hate the one in Wildewood, but mainly because the selection is weak and the floors are always sticky.

N

newtosomd

my problem is that I like them all. A buffet is my downfall... There are three problems. I love food, I love alot of food, & I love it even more when it's somewhat free. I lose all discipline at these places!!! :yum:

nomoney

newtosomd said:
my problem is that I like them all. A buffet is my downfall... There are three problems. I love food, I love alot of food, & I love it even more when it's somewhat free. I lose all discipline at these places!!! :yum:

if dowhat were still around, he'd want to know if you are chubby.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
:lmao: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nomoney again.

You beat me to it! :love:

N

newtosomd

nomoney said:

Actually I am not chubby yet, but I assume that it will happen once I am over forty. I think that I have a pretty good metabolism now and I stay fairly active, so this must help.

B

Bruzilla

I liked the selection and the quality of the Aloha in Wildewood, but the problem was that if you got there after 11:30 or so your selections dwindled quickly as the management didn't keep the buffet very well stocked after lunch starts.

The Bon Buffet in Lexington Park wasn't as good IRT to selection or quality, but they did a great job of keeping the pans full.

The little Chinese place across from Arby's by the old NAS main gate had the best food, and changed their selections from day to day, but like the Aloha... if you didn't get their early you would be picking through near empty trays.

Danzig

Now that Hunan Wok (St. Mary's Square) has added shrimp, it's the best and at $3.99 all you can eat it's even better.

FIXED the above post I had the wrong name. FIXED

Last edited:

Cletus_Vandam

Bruzilla said:
I liked the selection and the quality of the Aloha in Wildewood......

My wife and I really liked Aloha too.... That was until we went there for our anniversary about six years ago and were greeted by a table dance from a roach.... Left the shrimp toast appetizer for the roach and all his buddies to enjoy.

Haven't been back since..... :flush:

B

Bruzilla

Danzig said:
Now that Bon Buffet (St. Mary's Square) has added shrimp, it's the best and at $3.99 all you can eat it's even better.

I love shrimp, but I usually avoided the shrimp at Bon Buffet. I can understand that they're trying to save money, and they shell the leftover boiled shrimp that wasn't used for dinner for use in the nest day's lunch dishes, but there too many times that I would bite into a shrimp there and it would just be mushy and obviously wasn't very fresh. There were also times when all the shrimp I got there were way past their prime.

Also, their wantons are paper-thin, the terriyaki chicken is overcooked, and I was never able to tell if the beek and chicken was actually beef or chicken, or just colored/flavored soy substitutes.

Danzig

Bruzilla said:
I love shrimp, but I usually avoided the shrimp at Bon Buffet. I can understand that they're trying to save money, and they shell the leftover boiled shrimp that wasn't used for dinner for use in the nest day's lunch dishes, but there too many times that I would bite into a shrimp there and it would just be mushy and obviously wasn't very fresh. There were also times when all the shrimp I got there were way past their prime.

Also, their wantons are paper-thin, the terriyaki chicken is overcooked, and I was never able to tell if the beek and chicken was actually beef or chicken, or just colored/flavored soy substitutes.
I fixed my above post to Hunan Wok not Bon Buffet.I don't care much for Bon Buffet at all.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Triggerfish said:
Everytime we drive by there with my brother in the car, he tells the story about how that place gave him diarrhea. :lmao: D even referred to an establishment this evening as "next to the place that gave :gossip: diarrhea". :lmao:

Buddha131

There's a pretty good place called Bon Buffet right behind the Loews Cineplex Theater in Lexington Park. They serve mostly chinese.
Another good place is in Prince Frederick called Crystal Palace over by the Red Hot and Blue.