In To The West...

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It's a twelve hour miniseries, broken down into 6 2-hour shows, Found this synopsis for it;

Into the West, the Steven Spielberg-produced Western miniseries on TNT that premieres tonight at 8 p.m. ET, is a 12-hour epic divided into six two-hour parts, which will air every Friday at 8 p.m. ET through July 22 (with a blessed break for Independence Day weekend), with each episode repeated in full on Saturday and Sunday nights at 8. Got that? In other words, if you turn on TNT on pretty much any weekend evening this summer, you will be watching Into the West. Watching the full 12 hours of Into the West, in fact, takes longer than it would to actually board a plane in New York City, fly "into the West" yourself, and turn around and come back.

The series' massive, intricate story line is best summarized in a few lines from the voice-over narration of one covered-wagon crossing: "Folks got married. People died. Babies were born. It was the wheel of life." Wheel imagery is big in Into the West, which focuses on the interconnected destiny of two families: the Wheelers, a white family from Virginia, so named because they have been wheelwrights by trade for generations; and a Lakota family from the Great Plains.

The clans intersect when Jacob Wheeler (Matthew Settle) marries Thunder Heart Woman (Tonantzin Carmelo), thereby introducing innovations like rifles and forged metal into the formerly unsullied world of the Lakota. (Warning: This show contains at least two separate close-ups of Indians stoically gazing forward as a single tear rolls down their cheeks, Iron Eyes Cody-style. Was litter a big problem in the Old West?) Next thing you know, 65 years of American history just zip by, what with the digitized buffalo hurtling over cliffs and the pioneer women in bonnets bravely aiming rifles at marauding traders and whatnot. You'll hardly even notice that 12 hours of your life have passed—12 hours that you will never get back, no matter how you beg the Lord on your deathbed.

TWLs wife

Ken King said:
It's a twelve hour miniseries, broken down into 6 2-hour shows, Found this synopsis for it;

Into the West, the Steven Spielberg-produced Western miniseries on TNT that premieres tonight at 8 p.m. ET, is a 12-hour epic divided into six two-hour parts, which will air every Friday at 8 p.m. ET through July 22 (with a blessed break for Independence Day weekend), with each episode repeated in full on Saturday and Sunday nights at 8. Got that? In other words, if you turn on TNT on pretty much any weekend evening this summer, you will be watching Into the West. Watching the full 12 hours of Into the West, in fact, takes longer than it would to actually board a plane in New York City, fly "into the West" yourself, and turn around and come back.

The series' massive, intricate story line is best summarized in a few lines from the voice-over narration of one covered-wagon crossing: "Folks got married. People died. Babies were born. It was the wheel of life." Wheel imagery is big in Into the West, which focuses on the interconnected destiny of two families: the Wheelers, a white family from Virginia, so named because they have been wheelwrights by trade for generations; and a Lakota family from the Great Plains.

The clans intersect when Jacob Wheeler (Matthew Settle) marries Thunder Heart Woman (Tonantzin Carmelo), thereby introducing innovations like rifles and forged metal into the formerly unsullied world of the Lakota. (Warning: This show contains at least two separate close-ups of Indians stoically gazing forward as a single tear rolls down their cheeks, Iron Eyes Cody-style. Was litter a big problem in the Old West?) Next thing you know, 65 years of American history just zip by, what with the digitized buffalo hurtling over cliffs and the pioneer women in bonnets bravely aiming rifles at marauding traders and whatnot. You'll hardly even notice that 12 hours of your life have passed—12 hours that you will never get back, no matter how you beg the Lord on your deathbed.

Thanks Ken, I was wondering. I reminded me of stuff from my churchs History. The Mormon Track to the west. I think I'm going to keep watching it now. :huggy: :popcorn: